Saturday, May 14, 2016

God lights my darkness

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I have a housekeeper who comes to my house one afternoon per week.  She is very good and has been with me for several years.

But she is one of the most money centered individuals that I have ever seen.  She would often ask, "Was it expensive?  How much did it cost?"

One day I asked her if she and her husband would be going to dinner after she finished her work for me.  She said they would be going to Dairy Queen because that is the day they get a special price on their food at Dairy Queen.

During the past months, I have noticed she was not as consumed by money.  There seemed to be a change.  I had even thought I would like to leave her money when I die if she is still working for me and I had considered putting this in my will for her.

This past week, God opened my eyes about this woman to show me she had not changed as I thought but she was still driven by money ... I was telling her a story about a 98 year old women who was very upset when she lost some money in an investment scheme.  I said, "Can you imagine this woman is 98 and concerned about money."  Implying this woman is at stage of death where money will be of no value and yet she is consumed by money.

My housekeeper said something about this woman wanting to leave this money to her children.  (Which was not the case at all.)

Later as I thought about this, I knew God was showing me truth so I would not walk in darkness.

The housekeeper wants to leave her adult aged children money and accumulate money for them because she does not understand trusting in God and committing her children to God.

I knew not to leave her money.

Psalm 18:28 ...  For Thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.

I Tim. 6 ... 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil:which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

When we desire money ... and make our decisions based on money, this seems very wise but really it is the root of all evil when we do this.  And if we follow after money, we set ourselves up to go in the wrong way.  And most people do this.

I have everything while seeking nothing materially speaking.  I'm interested in God, the Word of God, the church and doing my assignment which is to exhort the church on this earth in the way of God.  I am consumed by that and have been for more than 30 years.

And along those years, material things just came to me and money just came to me and I lack nothing at all.

I think this is the following scripture:

Mt. 6 ...  30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow:for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.