Thursday, May 12, 2016

Is this the best thing for me to do?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

By the New Covenant, God left us much liberty.

Sometimes we might find a book or TV show to be very interesting and our liberty certainly permits us to watch most things if we choose to do so, but is this really the best thing for us to do? 

The apostle Paul said:  23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient:all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. I Cor. 10

edify means:  build me up in the faith ... strengthen me in ways of God ... 

Recently I was reading a secular book.  It was very well written and interesting.  It showed the basic evils involved in lust for money and hatred and the theme of the book was legal so a court trial was going to result from the situations.  

We, who desire justice, are often drawn in by such things as court trials.  But it is in the new heaven and the new earth wherein dwelleth rightousness.  II Peter 3...  This present earth will never be rightous.  If we are looking for that, we enter a foolish trap for we know what the Bible says about this.

I'm very aware of the following truths of the Bible

I Jn. 5 ...  19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.


II Tim. 3 ...  13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


Revelation 21 ...  1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth:for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write:for these words are true and faithful.




As I read the early chapters of this book and saw the greed of man and the hatred of man toward others, I was certainly reminded of my own life before God revealed HIMSELF to me and changed me and gave me HIS Spirit.

I was very grateful to God as I read these chapters.

But as I read through chapter 4 or 5, the stage was set for escalation of the greed and hatred and I knew the book would continue full of this.  Did I really want to continue reading? I questioned. 

That night I had two dreams:

There was a serpent disguised as an appealing animal/object.  People were drawn to it for it was very appealing.  But it was a serpent.  When I saw it was a serpent, I attacked it to destroy it.  People were trying to get me to stop attacking this delightful animal/object, but I kept telling them this this was actually a serpent.

The second dream:  I was in grocery store and realized the keys to my car were missing.  I was shocked and began seeking keys.  Then I realized I had been careless in setting keys down in various places.  My car was stolen. I began trying to call police but the phone was some kind of strange phone and I was having difficulty making it work.

I awoke troubled.  I called on God:  "What does this mean?"

I was reminded of that which Paul said:  "All things edify not." 


I decided to stop reading that book.  It was only going to be hundreds of pages of strife, hatred, and love of money ... these are exactly opposite to the ways God has been leading me.

I believe both of these dreams had to do with our choices ... All things edify not. While we have liberty to read such things as this book, and we find the book very interesting ... bad seeds could be planted by the themes of the book and it is also a careless way for us to live as godly people.

As I was dealing with this subject, I came across the following:

Mt. 4 ... 5 Then the devil taketh him (Jesus) up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down:for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee:and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 

We do not want to tempt God by that which we choose to do in our "liberty".

Years ago, I encountered a Baptist woman who would drive to town, park her car, and leave her purse in the unlocked car.  She would say, "God will protect it."

One day, her purse was stolen.

I think this is likely a form of "tempting God" ... and it also tempts humans for it gives humans an opportunity to do evil.