Saturday, May 21, 2016

Seeing people in the flesh

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In speaking with my cousin by phone, she said to me, "Why don't you come see me?  I'd rather speak to you if we are in same room than by phone."

When Paul lived, he had no way to communicate with the church except in person or by writing and sending parchments to them, epistles which we read today as the epistles printed in the New Testament.

And Paul longed to communicate with the church to establish them in the faith by the Word he spoke by the Holy Spirit.

But today, we can communicate daily through emails and phone.

I have no desire at all to see anyone's flesh.

I realize many people want to see flesh.  I'm not sure why.  The important thing to me is communicating with the spirit of man and this I do constantly, daily, through this blog.

Flesh is emotional feeling, much as my cat reacts when I touch her flesh.  But such does nothing for the soul.

And the flesh will decay and "see corruption" of the grave ... The soul continues on and is what is important.

At one point Paul said:  12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart. 13 For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God:or whether we be sober, it is for your cause. 14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
 

16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh:yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we no more


There are church groups that hang a picture of an actor on the wall to represent Jesus in the flesh.

Why?

It is not the flesh who does the work of God.  What makes the flesh so important to humans except to think of the outward appearance of man.

When I spoke to my cousin, I kept saying ... "The thing important is the soul.  What humans should be concerned about is their soul."

I mentioned a 98-year-old woman who was concerned because she had been cheated out of some money.  (She still had millions of dollars but was grieved over loss of some of her money.)

At 98, this is the least of her problem.  Very soon she will die.  Money will be of no value to her.

What she should be concerned about is her soul.  She shows no concern for her soul.

After speaking for several minutes about this with my cousin, she said, "You're right."

This I did by telephone and I did not need to see her flesh to be able to communicate that which is critical for her.

Jesus said:  63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.  Jn. 6

Why long to see the flesh of another person?  If there are no words from God that "quickeneth" what good does seeing the flesh do?

And today we do not even have to be in the same room or city or same part of the world to share those things of the Spirit which give life.  We have instruments which allow us to communicate all over the world with others and to establish the church in the Word.