Sunday, October 10, 2021

Hymn: Trust & Obey




(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


1.  When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way;

While we do His good will,
He abides in us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.


Chorus:

Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,

But to trust and obey.


2.  Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His WORD quickly drives it away;

Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.


3.  Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;

Not a grief or a loss,
Not a frown or a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.


4.  But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay;

For the favor He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.


5.  Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;

What He says we will do;
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****

Scriptures pertaining to this hymn:

Psalm 111:10    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do HIS commandments: HIS praise endureth for ever.

The fear of the Lord is a deep respect for God and The Word.

When we "fear" God, we are basically afraid to go in a way opposite to God's Word for we have an inner understanding that God knows what is best and to violate what HE says is to go in a way of self destruction.

Therefore our trust is based on the awe we have for God.

And we obey God, doing what HE says to us by HIS Spirit.

***

In December, 2018, at the age of 81, I fell at my house.

As the ambulance people were removing me and we reached the front door, I heard the following word in the form of a thought that came to my mind:  "You'll never see this house again."

 I believed that thought was from God.

Therefore I believed there would be another way for me to go if I survived the accident.

I put my house up for sale even as I was awaiting surgery.

A church person said to me, "I don't see how you can do that."  (I don't think she understood faith in God.)

I explained to her that when you believe you have heard from God and there is a way to go, you simply obey ... no hesitation.

I never looked back and I never saw that house again.

I did not know where I would go when I put the house up for sale but I knew God would work it out for me and reveal it to me and God did within a few weeks.  A woman in our little church group took me (and my cat) into her house to live in Colorado.  She is a very godly woman and prays over everything!  It is a great joy for me to live in a house with such a person.

My life was made better after my accident, not worse.

God had a plan for me and I knew HIS plan was all that mattered.


Ecclesiastes 3:1   To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:


*****

Acts 17 ... NIV Original Translation ... God chooses the exact places we will live and the times we will live there.

KJV  Acts 17:26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

(God determines the times we live and the places we live.)

27-28 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after Him, and find Him, though HE be not far from every one of us:  28 For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring.


*****