Thursday, October 28, 2021

* Calling on God when there is a problem, and the Holy Spirit of God guides us into all truth.


(Comments by Joan Boney)

On Monday of this week, I turned on the TV, and there was no picture at all, just sound from my sound system and a grey screen.

Pam Padgett tried many things to get a picture but there was nothing.  

(Pam was a computer programmer at Fed Ex and she can do various things with today's electronics.)

HDMI equipped TV's today have 4 HDMI outlets:  HDMI 1, 2, 3, 4

My TV was hooked up to HDMI 1.  

So Pam plugged the TV into the HDMI 2 outlet and got a picture.  

But every time we changed from satellite to Roku, the unit went back to the totally grey screen on the HDMI 1 setting.  

No matter what Pam did, she couldn't make the TV hold that HDMI 2 setting where we got a picture.  

We also tried HDMI 3 and found the same problem.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The next day, one of the ideas Pam had was to try to upgrade the tv's software, which she did.

After upgrading the TV software, the problem continued.  

It was plugged into HDMI 3, but it kept going to the grey screen that had no picture on HDMI 1.

I was speaking very seriously to God about this matter and I knew God was going to help us to know what to do.

The option:  Buy a new TV if we couldn't resolve the problem.  

(So far nothing we tried worked.)

I really didn't want to buy a new TV and this is one of the things I talked over with God.  

But if we couldn't find an answer to the problem, I knew this is what I would have to do.

In 2018, I had an opportunity to purchase an 85" high quality Sony from my sound people in Lubbock, Texas.  This TV was just being released from Sony and it was at a very good price, as it turned out it was $3000 less than the same high end Sony TV being sold in today's market.  

I could afford to pay for a new TV but the options available from Sony were much more expensive today and my TV was something I really liked.  But I told God I would buy a new TV if this TV couldn't be fixed.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

On Wednesday afternoon, we had planned to go out to see the new 85" Sony TV that was the high end quality equal to the TV that I currently had.

As I was waiting for Pam to finish her work on the blog, I had an idea.  Plug the TV back into HDMI #1 outlet.  It might work since the TV now had new upgraded software.  We hadn't tried doing this since the upgrade in software.  

When Pam came into my room, I told her about this idea.  

She plugged the unit back into the original outlet, HDMI 1, and the picture came on the screen!

We weren't sure that it would continue to work when we changed from satellite to Roku streaming. So we tried this change. And it did hold onto the picture.  Then we turned the unit off completely and turned it back on and it held onto the picture!  

There has been no further problem since that time.  Now there was no need to go out to look at TV's for a new TV!  My old TV got an even better picture than it had been getting before the problem.

Then I realized the ideas which had been coming to us concerning what to do, were from the Holy Spirit who was guiding us into all truth whereby the problem could be resolved.
 
John 16:13  Jesus says:  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of HIMSELF; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.
 
I have no doubt that God helps us as long as HE continues to leave us on this earth.

I just didn't realize the ideas that were coming to me were from God until after everything had been done and the TV was working.

Philippians 4:6   Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

(This is what I did each time the TV came to my mind.  I turned to God and asked HIM for help.  And I even told God I really didn't want a new TV.  I just wanted my old TV to work!)

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

We overcome every problem in this present life by asking God for help, and by hearing from the Holy Spirit who tells us what to do, and by doing that which we hear from God to do!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯