Sunday, November 8, 2020

* Agreeing with the Word of God

 

John 12    Jesus says:

48 He that rejecteth ME, and receiveth not MY words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

49 For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father which sent me, HE gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that HIS commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.


***

God inspired all scripture:

II Timothy 3

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


***

We, who are of God, have been given the Holy Spirit to live in us to guide us through scripture spiritually.

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.


***

At the judgment seat of Christ we will be judged by the Word of God.

II Corinthians 5:10   For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

If we conform our thinking and our ways to the Word of God, and walk in that Word on this earth, following the Spirit of God, then we have hope that we will be judged good at the judgment seat of Christ.

So the apostle Paul says:

Romans 12:2   And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Galatians 5:16  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.


*****