Friday, November 20, 2020

* Following the Word from God always works.

 

(Comments by Joan Boney)


God speaks to us by HIS Holy Spirit to show us what to do or God might bring us a dream or have an angel of the Lord deliver instruction to us.  


We have seen examples of each of these things in the Bible and so it is the same today if God chooses to do that.


***


When we do what God shows us to do, it always works even if people say we can't do "that".


In 1982, God had me speak judgment messages which were very unpopular with church groups.


At one point God gave me a dream showing me I was in great danger and God said to me, "Don't go until you see Exodus 15."


When I awoke that morning, I cancelled all meetings scheduled for 1982.


A woman in our church group said to me, "Joan ... you can't do this.  If you go out they will give money.  If you don't go they will not give money."


I replied:  "God told me not to go.  I'm not going."


I did not go.  We did lose money.  But I had plenty and no lack.


***


In 2018, I had a house in Texas.  After an accident, I was being taken to hospital by the ambulance workers.  As they rolled me past the front door of my house, I heard, "You'll never see this house again."


As a result of that word, I put that house up for sale.


A woman in our church group said, "I don't see how you can do this."


I replied:  "God has said I will not see this house again."


***


When God tells us something by HIS Spirit, that is what will happen.


In more than 40 years of following God, I've never seen any word delivered to me by God fail.


When I need information God gives me information.


On July 31, 1979, I closed my business in Dallas, because I was persuaded God had told me to do this and to go into the ministry.


I had no place to go into the ministry.  Certainly there was no salaried job in ministry. And by closing my business, I had no income starting July 31, 1979. 


I don't know how this happened but I really was not afraid and didn't think much about this during the months after closing my business.  I did have $22,000 from sale of the merchandise from my shop so I paid my apartment rent and personal expenses as I waited.  But during this time, there was no visible sign of anything I was to do nor of any future income.


As I waited for a ministry assignment from God, I continued attending church and prayer group and I read Bible during the months following.


On January 10, 1980, as I was asleep in the night, a very loud, trumpet like, voice "blew" 3 words into my ear:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"


I jumped out of bed and wrote KWJS on a notepad.


It seemed clear to me that these would be call letters to either radio or TV.


We didn't have Internet in those days so there was no "instant" information as we have available today.  I can't recall how I found out what KWJS was but it turned out to be radio.


The same morning I had the Word delivered to me, I said to God, "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that.  I'm a writer, not a speaker."


A very gentle thought came into my mind immediately:  "Call the radio station manager."


So that same morning I called radio station KWJS and asked to speak to the station manager.


I told him God might be showing me to go on radio, and I asked him, "How would you do that?"


He told me to make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to him and if I fit their broadcasting he would offer me a contract.


I made the tape that same morning and put it into the mail that same day.


Within 5 days, I was broadcasting exhortations for the church on radio KWJS.


I still had no income for salary for a year or more but I had money from my business which I could use for my personal expenses.


In every period of time, there has been no "want".  God has always had a way for me to pay my expenses.


I am persuaded that as long as God chooses to leave me on this earth, HE will take care of me.


Each of us should feel that way about ourselves.


God will not fail us nor forsake us.


***


In 1982, God had given me judgment messages to speak which I delivered on my radio broadcasts.


In Seattle, the radio station manager said to me:  Joan, you have many "good" messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you keep speaking these judgment messages I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We might have to put you off the air.


The Holy Spirit replied through me to the manager:  "George ... If I don't speak the message I believe to be from God then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."


They did put me off the air in Seattle and in about 1/2 of my other stations.


Hate mail poured in from the church people and I became very unpopular.  

Although money greatly reduced from offerings, it didn't matter, for I was not going out anymore on the road to have meetings because God showed me it would be dangerous to me to do this.

John 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

***

Through the past 40 years, I've seen ministry followings rise to thousands of people and drop to 5 people.

But God always had HIS way of providing for me personally.


In 2002, I built a house in Lubbock, Texas.  The sale of that house, coupled with monthly social security income of $804, provided me with money for the end of my life on this earth.


Again I have no "want" nor need. (I am almost 83 now.)


Through the years, I have stayed free to speak whatever message I believe to be from God.  That is critical.


*****