Friday, June 12, 2020

* Overcoming fear by doing the Word of God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet of Jesus Christ set in the New Testament church by the will of God for benefit of the people of God according to Ephesians 4:11-12.


***

This morning, my cat came up to me in my room and made a very strange sound and dropped a dead mouse at my feet.  I was very shocked and also a little frightened. 

I took a paper towel and disposed of the dead mouse.

A few minutes later, cat was jumping around behind the sound equipment.  I realized she was after another mouse.  

I was really afraid then.

I rang the bell, which I wear around my neck, to summons Pam to come to my room.

I quickly moved out of my room and went to the living room.  Pam was in my room with my cat and the mouse, trying to deal with the situation.

I began asking God to help us.

I had no idea how we could deal with this problem.

As I sat in the other room, I took my Kindle table, pulled up my "Photo" area where I have scriptures stored, and began reading scriptures I have accumulated.

When I got to following, I began doing what it says and I calmed down!


Philippians 4:6-7

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

After reading this I really began focusing on asking God to help in specific areas:

* Please don't let the mouse hurt Pam or me.
* Please protect us.

After praying these "requests", I felt confident that I could return to my room and continue there, doing that which I normally do.

Letting my specific request be made known unto God made such a big difference and I realize now I'm not afraid.

*****