Friday, December 9, 2016

Psalm 32 ... Viewing the works of God through scripture

1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no guile.
 

3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old
through my roaring all the day long.
4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me:
my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
 

5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee,
and mine iniquity have I not hid.
I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord;
and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
 

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found:
surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
 

7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble;
thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.


(God says ...)

8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:
I will guide thee with mine eye.
 

9 Be ye not as the horse,
or as the mule, which have no understanding:
whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle,
lest they come near unto thee.
 

10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked:
but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about.
 

11 Be glad in the Lord (in the Word from God), and rejoice, ye righteous:
and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.