Saturday, December 31, 2016

The testimony of God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle Paul said:  And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.  I Cor. 2:1

When we come to each other it should be to share "the testimony of God".  

We come to the church sharing that which God has done and the church is edified.

We share answers to prayer and that builds the church in the faith in God.

In December, 2016, I was leaving my house and saw a dead cat lying on the sidewalk beside my house.  I was sure the cat was dead because it was totally still, just lying there.  Cats wouldn't do that out in the open.  I drove the car closer and the cat was dead.  I was so sorry.  I began praying... "How to get the animal removed ..."  I live in a city where there is Animal Control.  I called and told them the problem.  The man said they would remove the cat.  I could see the cat outside my kitchen window and each time I looked the animal was still there.

The next morning, I awoke asking God to have someone take care of this problem.  The next time I looked, the animal had been removed.  I thanked God.  (I am grateful to Animal Control, but I thanked God.)

*****

On a Saturday in mid-December, I was driving to get food and my car heater would not work.  It was cold in the car.  I began praying ... "How to get the heater fixed?" 

I could take it to my mechanic on Monday ... Usually I have to make appointment and wait a week or so to get the car in to the shop.

I considered buying a heated blanket (from camping supply store) that you can plug into the cigarette lighter on car ... But I find it difficult to drive safely with a blanket over my lap.

I continued to ask God to help me to get the heater fixed.

On Monday I called the mechanic.  He said a very cold front was due in on Wednesday.  He told me to bring the car in and leave it with him and he would fix it.  I thanked God.

*****

A man sent me an email which I felt was a trap ... sort of like the traps where the Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus with their questions, looking to take Jesus in HIS words. 

The man asked me about a scripture.

Even before I looked at that scripture, I prayed and felt I heard something from the Spirit of God and I wrote that in reply to this man.  I told this man all scripture is inspired by God ... but we must correctly follow the Holy Spirit in using that scripture ...

I thanked God for helping me with this troublesome matter.

People often quote scripture to me but I know it is not by the Spirit of God but is of their own thinking.  This can put others in bondage.  And usually it bears other bad fruits, such as strife and fear and even grief concerning the scripture.

But when the Spirit of God leads us to speak a scripture, there is a power and settling and joy!

It turns out this man, who seemed like a Pharisee coming to me with his question, had written an article on the subject and apparently he was trying to promote his own teachings.  He sent his teaching by a second email but I didn't read what he sent.  I just put his name into "spam" on my computer.

I turned to God in prayer concerning the scripture in question and asked God to settle me in the matter.

These things happen.  People with impure hearts get stirred up just as the Pharisees and Sadducees and they come to challenge us just as they came to challenge Jesus.  They bring grief but God settles us and helps us and restores our balance and gives us joy again.