Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Psalm 30 ... Viewing the works of God through scripture

1 I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up,
and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.


2 O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
 

3 O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave:
thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
 

4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his,
and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life:
weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
 

6 And in my prosperity I said,
I shall never be moved.
 

7 Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong:
thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
 

8 I cried to thee, O Lord;
and unto the Lord I made supplication.
9 What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit?
Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?
 

10 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me:
Lord, be thou my helper.
 

11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing:
thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent.
 

O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.