Saturday, December 17, 2022

πŸ’₯ 2 Corinthians 6

 
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

So if you have an unbelieving mate are you supposed to leave that unbeliever?

Here is what the apostle Paul says in the New Testament Bible.

I Corinthians 7

12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

(If the unbelieving mate is pleased to dwell with the believer allow the unbeliever to do so.  The believer lives as a believer and if the unbeliever is pleased to live with the believer allow this to continue.)

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When I started my business in Dallas, there was a wealthy customer who came to me wanting to "buy in" to my business.  I was an unbeliever at that time and I allowed her to loan me $6000 to purchase items for the shop, American Indian Arts.

I did not pay interest on her loan but I agreed to let her buy jewelry at my cost.

After I was born again, I saw the scripture telling us not to be "yoked" to an unbeliever.  I had no evidence this customer was a believer in Christ.  So I prayed asking God to help me to get free.

The next time I went on a buying trip, my interest was drawn to an old rug that was Navajo.  We did not sell rugs in my shop and I knew nothing about Indian rugs.  But my interest was so great in that rug that I bought it for $500.  I took it to an appraiser of Navajo rugs.  The appraiser said:  "These old rugs are usually worthless.  But you really lucked out for this rug will be valuable in the future so when you get back to your shop you should price this rug where it will not sell."

The day after I returned home, a man came to look at jewelry.  That old rug was rolled up and was sitting at the side of the wall.  The customer said, "What's that?"  I told him it was an old Navajo rug that I had just brought back from my buying trip.  He said, "Let me see it."  I replied, "Oh, I don't think you'd be interested in that."  He said, "Well let me see it."  I pulled the rug into the center of the room and unrolled it and he walked around the rug looking at it and he said, "How much?"  I replied, "$5,000."  He said, "I'll take it ..."  and he began writing out a check.

I was horrified!

I had always protected my customers, not allowing them to overpay for items!  

I tried to talk him out of buying this rug but he was determined and continued writing out his check.

So I said to him:  "I'm not going to cash your check for a week so if you decide you don't want this rug, come back and I will give you your check back."

He took the rug and left and I never saw him again. 

So I deposited his check and used the money to pay off the loan to the unbeliever.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 

When we see a scripture and really want to do that scripture, God can show us how to do that scripture and make it possible for us to do the scripture if we ask HIM.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯