Saturday, September 11, 2021

Answer to prayer

 
Comments by Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ

In August, 2021, we got 2 young kittens, Chubbs and Molly.  A couple weeks after we got them I called the vet's office asking what age they recommended for spay/neuter and declawing the front paws of kittens.

I was told that the vet would want to talk with me about declawing and discuss alternatives before scheduling this to be done.  This didn't surprise me since I was aware that declawing has become very unpopular, although this was very commonly done in the past.

I scheduled an appointment to take the kittens to the vet for a general exam and kitten vaccines and to discuss spay/neuter and declawing.

This upcoming discussion with the vet about declawing the kittens concerned me, and I prayed about this, willing to look for another vet if needed, but wasn't led to do this.  

I also asked God to please show me if declawing the kittens is something I shouldn't do.  I was reminded of my first cat which wasn't declawed and all the damage she did although I kept furniture covered with plastic and had multiple scratching posts throughout the house.

Also I kept being reminded of cats I've had, and that others I know have had, which were declawed.  There have been no problems at all.

I wasn't given anything by God leading me not to do this.

So I asked God to help me during this discussion with the vet and to please make it as easy as possible.  

Philippians 4:6   Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

The vet appointment was this past Thursday afternoon.  

We were taken to an exam room and a vet tech let both kittens out of their carrier to play in the room.

When the vet came into the room she said nothing about my wanting to have the kittens declawed.  Instead, she began to examine Chubbs.  

As she did this, something very unexpected happened.  

Molly suddenly clawed her way up the back of my legs and onto my back all the way to my neck.  (Molly has tried to climb my lower legs before, but never anything like this!) 

Surprisingly, this wasn't painful (I had thick clothes on), but it was quite a sight I'm sure!

The vet saw Molly do this and said "I see why you want to declaw them!"

Without my saying a word, the vet had agreed with my decision to have the kittens declawed.  

I immediately remembered my prayer to God and knew HE had answered that prayer. 

A little later when the vet and I discussed timing for spay/neuter and declaw, she said she likes to make sure people know of alternatives to declawing, such as scratching posts or keeping the cat's nails trimmed.  But she said these things almost under her breath as though she knew they didn't apply here, not at all trying to persuade me to change my mind.  

I'm so grateful that God worked out this discussion with the vet, and laugh every time I think of how HE accomplished this.  

(The vet said both kittens are in good physical condition.  The spay/neuter and declaw procedures are scheduled for October 14.)  
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯