Friday, February 19, 2021

* Turning to God and getting HIS help

(Comments by Joan Boney)

In February, 2021, a very unusual snow hit Houston, Texas, and they suffered abnormal cold weather and strong power outtages.

One of our church members lives alone in Houston.

She presented the following report of how she turned to God and was helped.

(From Linda Rodgers: 2-18-21)

The last 4 days were exceptions. I lost power twice, one time 8 hrs. and the last time today was 10 hours. A lot of people have not been as fortunate as I, since many have not had any power since Sunday. I also of course did not have internet and at times wi-fi so no cell phone just for a short time. 

I've lived in Houston since 1951 and never saw snow as heavy or last as long as this event. 

I PRAYED and God was there for me and carried me and Misty (cat) thru. Lots of blankets and food, treats and water. 

Misty loved the snow and looked out the window for hours trying to figure out what it was! She is my little special treat and brings me so much enjoyment.  

Without God's help I would have had a very hard time, but it went by amazingly quickly and I was restored because I was careful for nothing and brought all of my problems to God. 

I learned something else also, that as soon as I went to God I DID have peace during this whole event. What a wonderful feeling that is. I was given a great opportunity to reach out to God with thanksgiving and everything in that scripture, I experienced. I am so grateful. 

Philippians 4:6-7  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


Every time God helped me and gave me HIS wisdom I was thanking HIM profusely.  If I didn't use and activate that Word from God, I would have had a pretty miserable, anxious and fret filled experience these last few days.

(Comments by Joan Boney)

I was in a rehabilitation hospital in Lubbock, Texas for 2 1/2 months after surgery in December, 2018 through February 24, 2019.  I was alone there, for the most part.  How could I get through that day alone?  Then I would remember to talk with God and I would ask HIM to fill my day.  It was amazing.  I could not walk or even get out of my bed without assistance.  But the days flew by when I prayed and asked God to fill my days.  To me, it was a miracle.

I live in home of Pam Padgett in Colorado.  It is amazing how many things Pam does for me.  I cannot walk except by walker and then only for a few feet at a time.

Pam has been giving me my medicine at 9:30 p.m. nightly.  I can get up and get the pills but sometimes I forget to do so and I have needed help in keeping track of taking the medicine so Pam comes downstairs where my room is located and gives me the pill nightly.

On the night of February 18, 2021, Pam didn't come to my room as she usually does.  At 10:30 I got up and got to the pills and took one and then sent Pam email telling her I had taken the pill.

Then the thoughts began coming:

* What if Pam has fallen on the stairs and can't get up?  She might be lying there helpless and I couldn't get to her.  I have no phone in my room so I could not check on her.  I did send email.

* What if Pam is injured and has to go to hospital.  I wouldn't be able to get Podcasts out because I don't know how to do that job.  I only know how to record the Podcasts.

* How could I get the animals fed and cared for?

I was bombarded with thoughts.

Then other fear filled thoughts began coming in waves.

I stopped what I was doing and began praying and immediately the Holy Spirit reminded me of the following scripture:

Philippians 4:19   But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

As soon as the Holy Spirit brought that scripture to my mind, I believed it and relaxed.  I was no longer afraid.

About 11:30 pm, I noticed an email on my Kindle from Pam.  She was alright.  She just forgot.

I was go glad.


*****