Friday, February 26, 2021

* God will not allow more to happen to us than we can bear.


(Comments by Joan Boney)

A young man who was 44 years old, worked with me to help me with my sound equipment.

The day I met him, he said to me, "I don't know why I am telling you this, but they think I likely have ALS."   

I was shocked.  That is a terrible disease.  You become totally paralyzed, inch by
inch.

David had a wife and two children and he told me they were going to Houston on the following Monday for tests.

He did have ALS.  He lived about 2 1/2 years more.  Although he lived in east Texas and I lived across the state from him, I "witnessed" his life and his physical deterioration and death, for we often communicated by phone.

(Also at the same period of time I had witnessed the death of my bridge partner who had ALS.)

I often thought how I didn't think I could have gone through the things David went through ... but I didn't have to  ...

I Corinthians 10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

We do not have more happen than we can "bear" with God.

And when we think we can't stand it, we ask God for help and HE helps us always.


*****