Thursday, January 28, 2021

* Righteousness on this earth? Is that our expectation from worldly men?

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

The apostle Peter said to us:

II Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

God gave me the concept that righteousness is not in this present world but in the new world.

People of this world judge and make decisions based on how those decisions will affect themselves and their perception of "benefits".

Godly people are different.  For we consider only:  "Is this what God wants me to do and to say."

We live by truth and judge by that which God shows us by the Spirit of Truth.

I am non political, not registered in either political party.

Though I do not vote for governments of men, I do pray for those in authority.

As the impeachment trial concerning Donald Trump approaches in USA, I thought it might be interesting to watch until I heard the following:

Some senators will base their vote on what their constituency wants them to do.  If that is the case, they will not be voting according to the facts of the case but because of preference of men.  Justice cannot come when that is the case.  So why watch it?  I will only be grieved because justice will not be done.

As I consider this, the Holy Spirit reminded me of the truth spoken by the apostle Peter.  We look for the new heavens and the new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.

I have prayed for God to judge this matter and bring HIS justice.  But that might not be the same as the senate trial.

Nevertheless this is a worldly matter of men and will not be likely to affect the peace we have in God and the assurance of justice through God, unless we become involved.

Lately I've been meditating on the following scripture and attempting to let this rule in my life and to make decisions by this scripture.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

We might find ourselves curious about that which they do in this world, but we might end up depressed and a little pulled down by focusing on them.

Lay aside every weight ... There are certain "weights" that I do not need to carry.  Lay those "weights" aside. 

The "weight" I must bear is to warn you of dangers which might steal your peace and joy as we wait for the coming of Jesus whereby we are removed from this earth. 

God will judge Donald Trump and the senators and us.
   
Our commission from God is as follows:

II Peter 3:14  Be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

While the senators judge, we already know the truth.  We saw the rioters.  We heard the words spoken by Mr. Trump as he spoke to those people who came to Washington D.C, on January 6.

Will it bring me peace to watch the proceedings and to hear various senators as they speak?  I think it would greatly trouble me.  So I do not plan to watch this on TV.

But here is our commission from God through the Bible.

I Timothy 2:1-3  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Many times, during Mr. Trump's presidency, I prayed that we not be thrust into a nuclear war.  And I especially prayed this during the last days Mr. Trump was in office because I saw him as a very distraut man who might be extremely desperate.  (My prayer was answered ... no nuclear war!)

Do I think Mr. Trump should be tried?  Yes, I do.  But I doubt those senators in politics will be capable of serving as a true "jury".  Their vote will be influenced by so many things other than truth of what happened that I doubt what they decide will be right, fair, or even honest.

But that is the way it often is in this world.

When I lived in Clovis, NM, USA, I was called to jury duty.  I didn't know the man who was being tried and I knew nothing about the case.  I was placed as one of the jurors.  The judge declared a short break before the trial was to begin.  I went to the lobby where the cold drink machines were located.  While I was there, a realtor, that I had played golf with came in.  We were surprised to see each other.  She was there to support the man on trial.  I told her I was on the jury.  We said no more.  When I went back to the courthouse, I reported this conversation to the bailiff.  He told the judge.  I was dismissed from the jury before the trial began.  

How could senators who are already partial before trial be impartial, I wondered. 

(You might like to know what happened at the trial where I was removed from jury:  The man was found "not guilty". The case was DWI. He had history of drunk driving.  Two weeks later, he went out and got drunk and drove his car and killed someone by driving while drunk.  He was not injured.)


Remember God is judge.  God will bring true justice.

We are just waiting to be taken by Jesus to the new heaven and new earth wherein dwelleth rightousness.

Revelation 21

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be HIS people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And HE that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. 


***

Hebrews 11

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for HE hath prepared for them a city.


*****