Friday, January 15, 2021

* I don't want to frighten you without cause, but I think I should warn you.


(Comments by Joan Boney, apostle and prophet of Jesus Christ according to Ephesians 4:11-12)

***

Often things happen in the life of a prophet which make sense later.

In 1975, as a new Christian, I felt God showing me to get out of debt and stay out of debt.  I pursued that path and I have lived debt free since approximately 1977.

I had a house in Texas which was debt free and I sold it in March, 2020.  The money was sent directly to the ministry bank account.  

God showed me one item to purchase which I did purchase.

I do not take a salary from ministry but I live on my income of $804 each month from USA Social Security.

According to TV news today, they are hoping to send direct depositors another stimulus check of $2,000 in USA.

As I watched this report today, and as I saw how much money this was going to cost the USA government, the thought went through my mind:  "What if this affects Social Security ... requiring in future that government eliminates or reduces Social Security?"

I really don't think it would matter in my life.  I will not be rushing out to spend the new stimulus check even if they do direct deposit another $2,000 to my bank account.  They gave a $600 check several months ago and I didn't spend it either.

But what about you?

This is just a warning to encourage you to pray before you go out and spend what seems to be excess money.

I don't buy anything unless I really believe God sanctions my spending money on something.  


***

God knows future.

What the Bible says concerning money:

I Timothy 6

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.


17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

***

I do not trust in the money I have saved.  But neither do I foolishly spend that money.  I pray.  If I feel God sanctions my spending of that money, I spend money.  But I only buy that which I believe God shows me to buy, for God knows the future.

I do not live in fear over spending money or over saving money.

I just make it a policy not to spend money unless I feel God has approved my buying that item.

Here is an example of that which I am speaking:

In June 2020, I was considering having my 25-year-old car seats re-upholstered. 

As I thought about this, the Holy Spirit brought the following to my mind:  "Or you could just buy a new car."

(I had never thought of doing that!  But I could buy a new car.  I had plenty of cash to pay in full for a new car.)

That same night, God gave me a dream:  "I bought a new car."

The day after the dream, I bought a new car, paying cash.  I would never have bought the car unless I was able to pay in full for that car.  Because it would be a very hard yoke for me to buy anything that I could not pay for.

I Corinthians 7:31   And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

***

Evaluating thoughts and ideas that are from God:

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Matthew 11:28-30   Come unto ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take MY yoke upon you, and learn of ME; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For MY yoke is easy, and MY burden is light.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


*****