Wednesday, January 27, 2021

* Living in truth, walking in truth, seeking truth.

 
II John 
 
1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; 
 
2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever. 
 
3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. 
 
4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.  

***

Jesus speaking to God:

John 17:17   Sanctify them through THY truth: THY word is truth.

God brings truth to our minds by the Holy Spirit.

The devil brings lies to us to destroy us.

We have to learn which ideas are from God and which are from devils.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


The truth is in Jesus, The Word.
 
*** 
 
(Comments by Joan Boney)
 
Notice how some people failed to have "a love of the truth" that they could be saved.
 
II Thessalonians 2

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

***

Truth in all things is important:  secular and spiritual & small things and great things

Unless we have a love of the truth and cling to truth, we can be swept away and even turned over by God to a "strong delusion".  

I John 1:5

This then is the message which we have heard of HIM, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in HIM is no darkness at all.

***

The Holy Spirit is The Spirit of Truth.

Jesus says:

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

***

There was a woman who came to our church group in 1980 and was with us until 2018.

Amazingly, this woman could not hold the truth in her mind.  She spoke and I brought correction to her.  For 39 years this was the case. 

In 2018, God gave me a vision of this woman.  I was in hospital at that time and had just had surgery and when the vision came I thought it was something caused by the drugs they were giving me for pain.

This woman was standing at the foot of my hospital bed.  She just stared at me.  Then she turned and disappeared, walking through the wall of the room.

Approximately two weeks later, this same woman came to the rehabilitation hospital and sat down in a chair next to my bed.  She said, "I no longer care about anyone or anything.  I don't read the Bible.  I don't read the blog."

I replied, "But if you go that way, what is going to happen to you?"

She said, "I don't want to talk to YOU about this."

She got up and went into the bathroom of my room and closed the door.

A nurse came in for something, and I called out to this woman, "Don't leave until after the nurse leaves."

But while the nurse was working on me, this woman sneaked out of my room.

(I knew she had bought into lies of a devil when she said she no longer cared about anyone or anything anymore because she had a little dog and I knew she cared for this little dog.  That proved to me that she was living a lie of the devil.)

Then I realized that vision I had of her in the hospital, when she turned her back and disappeared from my room, walking through the wall, was a vision from God showing me what this woman was going to do.


***

I Peter 5

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.


Devils bring lies to us in the form of thoughts.

If we allow devil to live by bringing thoughts to us, and if we accept these thoughts of devil as truth, he will devour us.

Jesus said, concerning devil, He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.  (John 8:44)



***

Pam Padgett , in our little church group, loves the truth as much as anyone I've ever met.  She often takes Bible or Internet when the subject is secular, and searches a subject to establish the facts as best as she can.

One morning recently, Pam awoke with thoughts of what needed to be done darting about through her mind.  She was thinking, "I've got so much to do today.  I'd better pray over this." 

Immediately the thought came, "You don't have time to pray."

Pam responded, "I don't?"

Right away the Holy Spirit brought the thought, "You need help,  God is your help."
 
Pam responded, "That's right!" and started praying.  

When she turned to God with each thing she had to do, she was surprised for there were only 2 or 3 things she had to do.

The devil is always a liar and he will disturb us if possible.


***

Recently I heard a news report telling how Twitter took away Donald Trump's account whereby he communicated with his followers thus contributing to the riots against the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

I thought, "OH, I hope they don't take away my Twitter account!"

Then Holy Spirit said to me:  "You don't have a Twitter account." 

"OH, yeah." I replied.

(Shortly after this, I started a twitter account whereby we share scriptural truths from Bible.)

***

Thoughts come from God by HIS Spirit.  Thoughts comes from our own desires and the desires of other people.  Thoughts come from devils to torment us and try to lead us to do something.

Devils will come to live in us if we accept their lies and walk in their lies!

Notice how devils drove an herd of swine into madness and destruction when they came into these pigs.

Matthew 8:28-32  And when HE (Jesus) was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

(Devils can speak through humans.)

30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.

31 So the devils besought HIM , saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

32 And HE (Jesus) said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

When a man buys into thoughts of devils, that man goes a little "mad", crazy, and often he will respond in a violent, fierce way.

Our life can depend upon our working to establish the truth in both secular and spiritual matters.  Nothing is too small.  Everything is important.  We must live in truth and desire truth.


*****