Sunday, January 19, 2020

* God leads them to begin to take the lands HE has given them.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Deuteronomy 1:8   Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them.


***

In 1975, when I was born again, I looked at scripture, such as the above, and took it very personally.

I believe God has set the "land" to which HE has called us before us.  It is there.  We just have to enter in.

We wait until God speaks to us by HIS Spirit and we do that which HE says.  

One step leads to another.  

And I once heard this:  "One step at a time.  One step at a time.   It is enough."

We simply take that step.

And even at my current age, 82, the land is still set before me!

In November 2019, I heard:  "Read the Old Testament."

This was a very gentle thought that came into my mind.  Then the same thing came a few days later and even once again.  

When I began re-reading the Old Testament, I felt very happy and strengthened in faith.  Then I realized I should share it on our blog.  I began doing that.  Then I become more intense with that which I was reading and realized this should be offered to all people through books on Amazon.  It wasn't long before I saw this would not be one book or even two books but would be volumes of books using the examples of the Old Testament as a springboard to the New Testament and more insight for us in God and HIS ways.

So we simply begin today obeying that which we hear from God or focusing on that scripture that stands out to us as we read, and we obey that, and move on to the next step.

No matter how old we are, we go forward.

Our land is set before us.  We enter in by obedience and action.


***

Deuteronomy 1:17   ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: 

Do that which you hear from God, that which is right in the sight of God.

I Corinthians 2:9-13    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by HIS Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God to know the will of God for us.  And the Holy Spirit shows us the will of God for us.

So the key is to listen for that which the Holy Spirit speaks and do that.

You might wonder, "HOW"?

Everything is done by faith in God, in God's plan for us, as set forth in the Bible.

God showed me the Holy Spirit that is in me would do the following things for me.

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

And I believed that.  

The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God and knows the will of God for me.  The Holy Spirit will teach me all things, secular and spiritual.  The Holy Spirit will guide me into all truth in all matters, one step at a time.  The Holy Spirit will remind me of that which Jesus says so I can know what to do or what to say at that specific time.  And the Holy Spirit shows me things to come.

And I began living by that when I was born again in 1975, and I continue to live by that by following the Holy Spirit to this day.

And I prayed for wisdom.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I needed wisdom in all things.  I needed wisdom when I read Bible, so I wrote, "Pray for wisdom," on the title page of each chapter in my Bible, at that time, to help me to remember to do this.

I owned a small business, American Indian Arts.  I certainly needed wisdom for my business.  Before going out to the reservations on a buying trip, I prayed for God to have the Indian artist make the items I needed for my shop.  When I got to the reservations, I prayed for God to give me wisdom in that which I should buy.

I believed what God said in the Bible and I did that and I depended on God rather than depending on myself.

Here is an amazing story:

I went into business before I was born again, although looking back I do believe God was leading me even then, concerning my business.

A woman wanted to put money into my business and I allowed her to do this.  It was only about $6,000.

After I was born again, I read the following scripture:

II Corinthians 6:14   Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:

I wanted to get free from this business yoke with this unbeliever.

So I prayed, asking God to help me to get free.

I went on a buying trip.  I always paid cash for merchandise, never buying more items that I was able to pay for.  I felt God had shown me to get out of debt and to stay out of debt.  I had done that except for the money I owed to this one woman.

On this buying trip, I came across an old Navajo rug which intrigued me.

I knew nothing about rugs.  My knowledge was in jewelry and that is where we made our money at the business.

But I couldn't walk away from that rug.

So I bought it for $500.

I took it to a rug appraiser and she said to me:  "Joan ... hang onto this rug.  It is worth about $1500 now but it will be worth much more later.  So price it at a price where it will not sell."

The day after I got back from the buying trip, a man came to look at jewelry.  That rug was rolled up and at the side of the room.

The man said, "What is that?"

I explained that it was just an old Navajo rug which I had brought.

He said, "How much?"

I replied, "Five-thousand-dollars."

He said, "I'll take it."

I was very shocked and tried to talk him out of buying this for I had overpriced it.  He insisted and wrote out a check.  There was nothing I could do.  

But I said to him, "I'm going to keep your check for a week and if you change your mind and want your money back, I will give you your check back."

I never saw this man again.

I cashed his check at the end of the week and paid off the debt I had to  the woman who was an unbeliever and I operated the business debt free, buying only the merchandise I could afford to pay for in cash.  I operated the business for the next four years or so, until the time I closed the business to go into the ministry.

Then I sold all the merchandise and paid my apartment rent and other bills until God showed me to go on radio six-months after I closed my shop.

And today, I need wisdom from God before I write anything.  I am praying asking God to show me how to begin the writing and asking God to lead me in what to say.  I depend second by second on God as I am writing these exhortation.  Otherwise I couldn't do them.


***

Believe the Word of God and do that which is appropriate to believing.

Deuteronomy 1:21    Behold, the Lord thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.

30   The Lord your God which goeth before you, HE shall fight for you, according to all that HE did for you in Egypt before your eyes;


*** 

35-36   God said:  Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers.

Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him will I give the land that he hath trodden upon, and to his children, because he hath wholly followed the Lord.


I could see that is what we must do.  Follow each Word given to us by the Holy Spirit.

I really set my goal to do that.

It is still my goal and it is still what I check:  "What did God tell me about this?"

The faith I have is built on that which God has said to me.


***

Deuteronomy 1:38   God said to Moses:  But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.


***

The children of Israel have been sentenced by God to wander in the wilderness for 40-years before going into that land which God has promised to them.

God is still leading them but they cannot go into the land until all of the men who were 20-years-old and upward have died.  This is because of the evil report returned by the 10 men who searched out the land.  Numbers 13 & 14

That which we choose to do can have serious consequences.

I realized this by these examples so I was careful in that which I allowed myself to believe and to speak to others.

We can control that which we believe by making ourselves focus on that which God has said, and also by prayer, asking God to help us.


***

Deuteronomy 2:1-5   Then we turned, and took our journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea, as the Lord spake unto me: and we compassed mount Seir many days. 

And the Lord spake unto me, saying, Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn you northward. And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore:  Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession.

Esau was the brother of Jacob.  Genesis 25

Esau was the father of the nation of Edom, the Edomites. 


***

Deuteronomy 2:7   For the Lord thy God hath blessed thee in all the works of thy hand: HE knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness: these forty years the Lord thy God hath been with thee; thou hast lacked nothing

They were in the wilderness where there was no food. Because they were following God to that place in the wilderness, God gave them manna to eat.

When there was no water, God caused water to come from a rock to give water to more than a million persons and to all their animals.

When they came upon bitter waters, God told Moses to throw a tree into the water and the water became drinkable again.

They lacked nothing, though they followed God into a wilderness.

We, who follow God today, are in the same position of lacking nothing.

(If you think yourself to "lack" ... begin praying, asking God to lead you and to restructure you thoughts if needed ... and follow that brought to your mind by God's spirit ... and follow scripture, especially in the New Testament, doing those scriptures in so much as you are able.)

The Lord is my shephard, I shall not want.  Psalm 23:1 

If you "want" something.  Perhaps you are wanting for the wrong thing.  If it is the will of God for you, it will happen as you follow the Word of God step by step, allowing God to recreate you into HIS image as you do the Word.

I can definitely say I have "no want" at this point in my life.  But I also know I've been carefully following that which God showed me along the way, even to this present point in time.

I did not compromise in fear, but held on to that which I believed to be right in the sight of God and right in my own heart, when there was no way visible to me, allowing God to bring it to pass.

I've found that most people follow their own thinking and wisdom of man while they say, "The Lord is my shepherd," while they are making someone else their "shepherd".  


***

Deuteronomy 2:8-9   And when we passed by from our brethren the children of Esau, which dwelt in Seir, through the way of the plain from Elath, and from Eziongaber, we turned and passed by the way of the wilderness of Moab. 

And the Lord said unto me, Distress not the Moabites, neither contend with them in battle: for I will not give thee of their land for a possession; because I have given Ar unto the children of Lot for a possession.

***


Deuteronomy 2:14-19   And the space in which we came from Kadeshbarnea, until we were come over the brook Zered, was thirty and eight years; until all the generation of the men of war were wasted out from among the host, as the Lord sware unto them.

For indeed the hand of the Lord was against them, to destroy them from among the host, until they were consumed. 
So it came to pass, when all the men of war (those Isralites who rebelled against God) were consumed and dead from among the people, That the Lord spake unto me, saying, Thou art to pass over through Ar, the coast of Moab, this day: And when thou comest nigh over against the children of Ammon, distress them not, nor meddle with them: for I will not give thee of the land of the children of Ammon any possession; because I have given it unto the children of Lot for a possession.

***


Deuteronomy 2:24-25   Rise ye up, take your journey, and pass over the river Arnon: behold, I have given into thine hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land: begin to possess it, and contend with him in battle. 

This day will I begin to put the dread of thee and the fear of thee upon the nations that are under the whole heaven, who shall hear report of thee, and shall tremble, and be in anguish because of thee.

Many people who come across my path saying they are Christians are afraid of me, for I speak to them what I hear from the Spirit of God at the time I am with them, and they are going another way by the flesh of man, and the conflict in the way they live frightens them when I speak to them.  They come around me but then avoid me, all because of the Word which I speak and the conflict of their flesh.  Most people who say they are Christian live in ways of this world.

***

At this point, the children of Israel have been in the wilderness for 38-years.  God begins to prepare them to take the land HE has given them.  They have to destroy the people living in those lands.

God did not allow them to take the lands of the descendants of Lot or Esau.

But the other nations, God destroyed through the children of Israel.

These nations had other gods and did abominations in the sight of God.  

(As we speak the Word of God, we shatter and destroy their idols.)

Moses was appointed to die before they entered that promised land.  He did not get to enter with the children of Israel because he had failed to sanctify God when God told Moses to smite the rock and give water to the children of Israel.  But God did let Moses see the promised land from the top of the mountain. 

3 of the tribes of Israel chose to take land on this side of Jordan because the land was good for cattle.  They would settle their wives and children who were under 20 and leave them on those lands while they crossed Jordan and fought and helped their brethren to take the lands they would inherit on the other side of Jordan.


*** 

Deuteronomy 2:30-36
But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the Lord thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.

And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have begun to give Sihon and his land before thee: begin to possess, that thou mayest inherit his land.

Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, to fight at Jahaz.

And the Lord our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people.


 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:  Only the cattle we took for a prey unto ourselves, and the spoil of the cities which we took. 

36     there was not one city too strong for us: the Lord our God delivered all unto us: 



***


Deuteronomy 3:1-5   Then we turned, and went up the way to Bashan: and Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei.

And the Lord said unto me, Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all his people, and his land, into thy hand; and thou shalt do unto him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon.


So the Lord our God delivered into our hands Og also, the king of Bashan, and all his people: and we smote him until none was left to him remaining.  And we took all his cities at that time, there was not a city which we took not from them, threescore cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan.

5 All these cities were fenced with high walls, gates, and bars; beside unwalled towns a great many.

When they went in to search out the land which God would give them, the 10 men who rebelled saying they could not take the land said "there were high walls" about the cities.  We see by above that these high walls were no problem for God. 

Sometimes we think there is a problem but to God there is no problem and when we see through God's view, we can know that which we feared is not to be feared.

The Reubenites (the tribe of Reuben) and the Gadites (the tribe of Gad) and the 1/2 tribe of Manasseh chose lands on this side of Jordan so they left their wives, children and cattle to go fight on the other side of Jordan to help the other tribes to possess that land promised them by God.


***

Joshua was the man chosen by God to lead the children of Israel into the lands given to them by God and to destroy those who currently lived on those lands.

Moses charges Joshua:

Moses says:

Deuteronomy 3:21-22   And I commanded Joshua at that time, saying, Thine eyes have seen all that the Lord your God hath done unto these two kings: so shall the Lord do unto all the kingdoms whither thou passest. Ye shall not fear them: for the Lord your God he shall fight for you.

The same is true for us today.  It is God who fights for us in our battles.

Hebrews 13:5-6   Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.   So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.


***

Moses pleads with God, asking God to let him go in and see the land.

Deuteronomy 3:26-28    But the Lord was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the Lord said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter.  Get thee up into the top of Pisgah, and lift up thine eyes westward, and northward, and southward, and eastward, and behold it with thine eyes: for thou shalt not go over this Jordan

But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see.


***

Even if our sins are forgiven, sometimes there is a penalty for those sins.

Obedience to God is a building block for us.  As we obey and do that which is right in the sight of God, often other doors open as a result of that obedience.

Joshua and Caleb wholly followed the Lord and there was reward following.


*****

New Book:


"My God would never do that !"

? Really ? 

Volume 1:  Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph

Amazon: 
e-book - 99 cents
paperback - $9.99


*****