Thursday, January 30, 2020

* Israel is deceived by neighbors because Israel did not seek the counsel of God.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Proverbs 3:6-7   In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct thy paths.  Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.


***

Joshua 9:1-6    And it came to pass, when all the kings which were on this side Jordan, in the hills, and in the valleys, and in all the coasts of the great sea over against Lebanon, the Hittite, and the Amorite, the Canaanite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite, heard thereof;  That they gathered themselves together, to fight with Joshua and with Israel, with one accord.

And when the inhabitants of Gibeon heard what Joshua had done unto Jericho and to Ai, They did work wilily, and went and made as if they had been ambassadors, and took old sacks upon their asses, and wine bottles, old, and rent, and bound up; And old shoes and clouted upon their feet, and old garments upon them; and all the bread of their provision was dry and mouldy. And they went to Joshua unto the camp at Gilgal, and said unto him, and to the men of Israel, We be come from a far country: now therefore make ye a league with us.

Joshua questioned them but finally accepted their story and made "league" with them.

league: mutual protection or cooperation

***


Joshua 9:14-16    And the men took of their victuals, and asked not counsel at the mouth of the Lord.

And Joshua made peace with them, and made a league with them, to let them live: and the princes of the congregation sware unto them.


And it came to pass at the end of three days after they had made a league with them, that they heard that they were their neighbours, and that they dwelt among them.

But Israel had sworn before God and could not deny these people.  So they agreed to allow them to live as their servants.

Joshua 9:21   And the princes said unto them, Let them live; but let them be hewers of wood and drawers of water unto all the congregation; as the princes had promised them.


***

The New Testament church:

II Timothy 3:1-5   This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

It will get much worse as we draw nearer to the coming of Jesus.

They will try to deceive us, often by flattery.

We must pay close attention to the impressions given to us by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

***



On December 6, 2018, I fell at my house in Texas.  As the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of my house, the Holy Spirit spoke the following thought to my mind:  "You'll never see this house again."

I had no doubt this was God speaking to me to show me things to come.

When we really believe something, our actions show that we believe what we've been told.

I put that house up for sale within that same month.

We had to change realtors twice before we settled on a realtor that we thought would display the house on internet in a manner which favored the house in the most reasonable way.

The house sold to a woman who was an architect.  At first it seemed perfect.  But God gave me a dream which warned me.  Then just before the contract deadline, I had a strong impression this woman was going to back out.  I didn't pray for her to take the house but I did pray for God to help me and the following scripture was brought to my mind.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.

Approximately 3 days before the deadline, the woman backed out of the offer.

When I was told this, I was not disappointed at all.  I was actually a little relieved for I felt we sold her the house too far below the reasonable cost.

One thing also that I had prayed when we put the house on the market is that the person who bought the house would be able to afford the property without the cost being any burden at all on the buyer.

People often bite off more than they can chew ... just because someone will lend them the money.

I did not want to be a part of this in any form.

I live in the house of Pam Padgett from our little church group.  I have almost no expenses and have no financial pressure.  So I am in the very enviable position of being able to wait for that house to sell and not having to hurry into anything.

But I really believe God prepared me by the Holy Spirit showing me that which was to come before it came!
*** 

Matthew 24:1-5   And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

And as HE
(Jesus) sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto HIM privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of THY coming, and of the end of the world?


And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

They will come saying, "Jesus is Lord", and because they say "Jesus is Lord", they will be able to deceive many.

False ministers and false teachers do this today and so do counterfeit Christians.

And we can be very hurt by them when the truth finally is revealed to us.


***


The Holy Spirit who is in us reveals the truth to us.  Pay attention.  Do not explain away the truth.

Of the people who come across my path saying they are Christians, rarely do I find anyone who is  really following God and who loves the scriptures.

Usually they are revealed quickly for what they are by the Holy Spirit who calls to my attention what they actually said to me and what they have done.

The Holy Spirit keeps me on point on the truth for the Spirit of God is the Spirit of Truth and reveals truth to the children of God.

Do not explain away the truth by fleshly reasonings.


***


When a person comes across my path saying he is a Christian, I am hopeful.  But it usually does not take long before I see he has joined a church but the Holy Spirit is not there in him.

Nevertheless I am always hopeful until I am shown otherwise.

Usually when I speak that given me by the Holy Spirit, that other person who says he is Christian, goes dead and blankly stares at me.  I can see there is no understanding from God in him.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Usually those people just want to talk about their church.

One thing I rarely, if ever, do is to ask them which church they attend.

I know there is only one church, and that church are those people who have the Spirit of God in them and follow the Spirit of God in this life.

It doesn't take long to see that.


***


There was one woman who came among us in 1980.  She remained with us for almost 40 years.  But she began to turn dark, and showed a lack of interest for truth.  And at the end she showed a lack of excitement over scriptures and came more alive when I spoke to her of television or movies.

At one time she and Pam Padgett and myself wrote on our blog.  God gave me a dream showing me 3 perfectly matched stones in a necklace.  But then one of those stones turned black.

This woman struck out at me in the 39th year with an attack which could have stopped me in the ministry, had I not strongly turned to God for HIM to judge me.

When I did that, the same night, God gave me a dream.  In the dream, I opened the front door of my house to find someone had put bags of their own garbage at my front door.  And also that person put garbage all the way across the front of my house.  I would have to get someone to clean up this garbage.  

A person can start out with the real Spirit of God and later have God turn him over to a reprobate mind because he failed to keep God in his thinking and he turned aside to other things.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind ...

Toward the end, I found this woman would go stone cold dead when I spoke to her of spiritual things but the minute I began speaking of some movie or TV show, she would come alive.

She once told me when she read the blog and especially when she read scripture, she often found herself wanting to finish and to get to something more interesting.

Sometimes when I am reading Bible I will catch myself thinking of other things and I will deliberately stop reading and confess this to God and will ask God to help me and I will back up and reread that which I had been reading while thinking of other things.

***

There was a man who was Bible teacher at the church I was attending.  One day, I was at a coffee shop and the owner found out I was acquainted with this man and she began telling me what a bad influence he was on her boyfriend.  Then this woman mentioned this man's girlfriend.  None of us at the church even knew he had a girlfriend.  He chose to live a very secretive life outside the church.  Sometimes he would call me and I would hear something in the background that sounded like pen ball machines.  It turned out he was at a bar.

When I learned this, I told him before he went to the bar, to sit down and write a teaching from Bible and send it to me.

He did this for a few days and then he quit.  He said when he did the writings, he began to lose interest in going to the bar.

I Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

When I asked this man about this "girlfriend", he was pretty evasive.

So I said to him, "Are you having sex with this woman?"

He replied, "Of course."

I said to him:  "You know the Bible as well as I do.  I can have no more to do with you."

He agreed ... but he didn't care.

The apostle Paul tells us what to do with a "brother" who commits fornication, idolatry, drunkenness, extortion, and such while he is in the church.

I Corinthians 5:11; 13 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat ... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

I never saw him again after that.  But I did speak with him by phone several years later.  At that time he revealed to me that fornication was no longer a problem for him because of his physical condition.

Hopefully the following happened:

I Corinthians 5:4-5   In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

I believe we deliver church sinners to Satan when we no longer keep company with that church member.

How can they be saved otherwise?  For when they commit a sin, after they have the knowledge of the truth through Christ Jesus that it is a sin, there is no more sacrifice for their repeated sin.  For they would have to crucify Jesus afresh to pay for that sin.

Hebrews 10:26-31   For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

For we know HIM that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto ME, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge HIS people.


It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.


Hebrews 6:4-6
   For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,  If they shall fall away (returning to those previous sins), to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put HIM to an open shame.

Destruction of their flesh might be the only way their spirit can be saved when they return to those previous sins.

***

There are men who are homosexual who do not know it is a sin.  After they understand this is a sin, and not just a sexual preference, they stop doing homosexual acts.  But to return to homosexual acts after the knowledge of the sin of homosexuality, there is no more payment for that sin for they would have to crucify Jesus again to pay for that repeated sin.

And so it is with adultery, fornication, drunkenness and other stated sins in New Testament.

Once we see it as sin, rather than as simple mistake, then we repent and are cleansed through the blood of Jesus.  But if we return to that same sin after we have the knowledge of the truth of Christ, there is no more sacrifice for that sin.

II Peter 2:20-22    For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.  For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.


***

How then could such be saved?

It might be their only way to be saved at that point is for us, the church, to put them away from us as Paul said to do in I Corinthians 5:5 ...  To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.


*****