Saturday, January 18, 2020

* A sentence after sin: 40-years in wilderness


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Numbers 32:9-13    For when they went up unto the valley of Eshcol, and saw the land, they discouraged the heart of the children of Israel, that they should not go into the land which the Lord had given them.

And the Lord's anger was kindled the same time, and HE sware, saying,   Surely none of the men that came up out of Egypt, from twenty years old and upward, shall see the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob; because they have not wholly followed me:  Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite, and Joshua the son of Nun: for they have wholly followed the Lord.


And the Lord's anger was kindled against Israel, and HE made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the Lord, was consumed.


***

Numbers 32:23   Be sure your sin will find you out.


***


Numbers 33:50-56   And the Lord spake unto Moses in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho, saying,

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye are passed over Jordan into the land of Canaan;

Then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places:

And ye shall dispossess the inhabitants of the land, and dwell therein: for I have given you the land to possess it.

And ye shall divide the land by lot for an inheritance among your families: and to the more ye shall give the more inheritance, and to the fewer ye shall give the less inheritance: every man's inheritance shall be in the place where his lot falleth; according to the tribes of your fathers ye shall inherit.

But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell. 


Moreover it shall come to pass, that I shall do unto you, as I thought to do unto them.


*** 

New Testament church:

James 4:4   know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

a friend:  one who supports another in his efforts

We cannot approve the people of this current world in their various evil works:  We do not support anyone in adultery, fornication, homosexuality, drunkenness, superstitions (witchcraft), emulations, variance, railings.

***


I have been at dinner with people who take their drink glass and click their glasses together, I think they are wishing each other well, or something.  I just sit there and make no attempt to raise my glass and they just go on in their superstition without me.

I'm not participating with them.

I try not to wish people well unless I know what they are doing.  I do not want to participate in their evil deeds.

II John 8-11   Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.



***

A few years ago, my neighbor came to me to ask if I would rent one of my spare bedrooms to him to house his wife's daughter and her friend for the coming weekend.

Then it hit me:  "Who is this friend?"

I said to my neighbor, "Who is this friend?"

Neighbor replied that his wife's daughter is lesbian and her "friend" was her lesbian partner.

I told him he could use the room for a married couple but I just could not sanction lesbian or homosexual activities in my house.

Romans 1:26-27    For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

I did not hear from this man again.  About 2 years later, his wife was backing car out of her garage and I greeted her.  I inquired about her husband and she said he died about a year earlier.

She said, "I'd like to talk with you."

She said she would come over that night.

I turned on porch light and prepared some refreshments.  But she didn't come to my house nor did she call.  

Later I realized she wanted to confront me over my position of disapproval of lesbians.

God spared me and I never saw or heard from this neighbor again.


***


A few years ago, my cousin and her husband and her two adult aged sons came to my city to visit me and my mother.

At dinner table they began talking about Alan's girlfriend.  Later in talk they said this girlfriend was divorced.

I spoke up and told Alan, in front of all, that if he should marry this woman, according to the Bible, he would commit adultery.  Matthew 5:32

This ended the conversation on the subject of his girlfriend.

They did marry.  And had one child together.  And divorced.

I learned that Alan was committing fornication with this "girlfriend" at the time I warned him.

I tend to be a little naΓ―ve for I expect people to live by the Bible and I expect those who don't know what the Bible says to care.

When we share what Bible says, their blood is not on our hands.

Paul says:   Acts 20:20; 26-27   I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you ... Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.


***** 

New Book:


"My God would never do that !"

? Really ? 

Volume 1:  Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph

Amazon: 
e-book - 99 cents
paperback - $9.99


*****