Monday, January 20, 2020

* Choosing the way of life over the way of death.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Critical choices come before us.

Proverbs 16:25   There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Sometimes the people closest to us recommend to us the way of death.  And our own flesh certainly enjoys the ways of death.

In 1980, after I went on radio, my pastor, Robert Tilton, Word of Faith church, came to me and said, "Joan ... you need to get Michael Ellison Advertising Agency to represent you.  They can do you a lot of good."

(At that time Ellison represented Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Robert Tilton, and had been representing Jimmy Swaggart.)

I didn't realize there were such agencies until Robert Tilton recommend them to me.  Then I found almost every "big-time" radio/TV minister was represented by an advertising agent.

So I became a client of Michael Ellison Advertising Agency.

It wasn't long before they, the agency, began telling me things to do which I felt were contrary to the things God had instructed me.

* Put "send me your prayer requests" on all my printed materials.

* Never say anything on your radio broadcasts which might offend anyone.

* Before sending any written materials, get our approval on that which you say.

* Change the name of your ministry from Jesus Ministries to Joan Boney Ministries.


That which God had instructed me:

* Concerning prayer:  The people pray directly to God through Jesus Christ.  When I said I wouldn't ask for "prayer requests", the advertising agent said:  "Well ... you're missing a good bet.  When people ask for prayer, they usually put some money in the envelope."  I knew I could never pray correctly over large numbers of prayer requests anyway.  I wouldn't even consider trying such a thing.  It was all fund raising.

* Concerning offending people by the Word I would speak:  Before I ever went on radio or spoke to church groups, God had taught me to speak what HE gave me to speak at the time I was speaking.  I didn't plan things in advance.  God taught me to spend my time reading Bible and doing things of the scriptures and when I got in front of people speak that which was called to my mind by the Holy Spirit.  That is what I continue to do.

And God had me spend a good deal of time in scriptures such as the following:

Ezekiel 2:3-8    And HE said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against ME: they and their fathers have transgressed against ME, even unto this very day.  For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God.

And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.

And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.

And thou shalt speak MY words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.

But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.



Ezekiel 3:7-11    But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto ME: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted.

Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads.  As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.

Moreover HE said unto me, Son of man, all MY words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears.  And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord God; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear.



Ezekiel 3:17-21   Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at MY mouth, and give them warning from ME. 

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 

Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 

Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

So I was very careful, and still am, to speak everything God gives me for the church.

The apostle Paul said:  I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, ... Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.  (Acts 20:20; 26-27)


*  Concerning gettting approval of man before I deliver a message:  

God had given me several judgment messages which I spoke on my radio broadcasts.  In Seattle, the radio station manager was waiting for me outside the room where I was meeting with radio audience.  He said to me,  "Joan, you have many good messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you continue to speak these judgment messages, I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We might have to put you off the air."

The Holy Spirit rose up inside me and I replied, "George ... if I don't speak the message I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."

*  Concerning changing the name of the ministry:  When we filed our federal papers with IRS, we had to have a name for the ministry.  I selected something like, "Word of Life Ministries", but this name was already taken by someone else.  We tried two or three other names but they, too, were taken.  So I prayed, asking God what to use for a name for this ministry, and I heard the following over and over:  "The name which is above all names ..."  I said to God, "Oh, no!  YOU are telling me to name this ministry by the name of Jesus?"  I knew the name of Jesus would be an offense to many.  But I knew that was what God was telling me to name this ministry.  So we named it "Jesus Ministries", and when we filed papers in Texas, no one else had used that name for their ministry.

After approximately 4 months, the advertising agency threw me out.

I was devastated, thinking I had failed.

God gave me this scripture to show me what had really happened when I would not do any of those things the agency told me to do.

Matthew 4:8-10   Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM only shalt thou serve.


***

Moses charges the children of Israel:

Deuteronomy 4:1-14   Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you.

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Your eyes have seen what the Lord did because of Baalpeor: for all the men that followed Baalpeor, the Lord thy God hath destroyed them from among you. 


But ye that did cleave unto the Lord your God are alive every one of you this day.

Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord MY God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon HIM for?

And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

Specially the day that thou stoodest before the Lord thy God in Horeb, when the Lord said unto me, Gather ME the people together, and I will make them hear MY words, that they may learn to fear ME all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.


And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness. 

And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.

And HE declared unto you HIS covenant, which HE commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and HE wrote them upon two tables of stone.

And the Lord commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.


***


Concerning graven images and other similitudes:

Deuteronomy 4:15-16   Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the Lord spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:  Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female, 

17-18    The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,  The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth: 

19   And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the Lord thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.


***

Deuteronomy 4:23-24   Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the Lord your God, which HE made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee. For the Lord thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

***


Deuteronomy 4:25-28   When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have remained long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, and shall do evil in the sight of the Lord thy God, to provoke HIM to anger: 

I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed

And the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the Lord shall lead you.

And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.

***

Deuteronomy 4:29-31   But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. 

When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His voice; (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) HE will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy
fathers which HE sware unto them.

***

New Testament concerning those who turn away after they have been enlightened to God's truth:

It is extremely serious.

Hebrews 6:4-8    For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put HIM to an open shame.


For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:  But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Hebrews 10:26-31     For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

For we know HIM that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto ME, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge HIS people. 
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

II Peter 2:20-22    For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.


So what hope is there for repeated offenders since there is no more offering for sin without crucifying afresh the Son of God?

It might be in I Corinthians 5,  where Paul tells them to turn them over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh that the spirit might be saved in the day of the Lord.  I think you turn them over to Satan by putting them out of the church.  Here is what Paul says to do if any person who says he is a brother does sins of fornication, covetousness, idolatry, drunkenness, extortion, or railing.  You certainly must not allow them to sit there in the church with you if they turn their backs on the Word of God and do these sins after they are born again.

I Corinthians 5:1-13   It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,  To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:  Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.


For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

(We do not judge those without the church, those of the world.  But if they call themselves a Christian, we do judge, if they are committing these sins listed in verse 11.)

But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.


***

Deuteronomy 4:35-36   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside HIM.  Out of heaven HE made thee to hear HIS voice, that HE might instruct thee: and upon earth HE shewed thee HIS great fire; and thou heardest HIS words out of the midst of the fire.

We certainly hear HIS voice and HIS words today by HIS Spirit who brings to our mind the will of God in the matters at hand.

38-40   To drive out nations from before thee greater and mightier than thou art, to bring thee in, to give thee their land for an inheritance, as it is this day.

Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord HE is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.


Thou shalt keep therefore HIS statutes, and HIS commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the Lord thy God giveth thee, for ever.


***** 

New Book:


"My God would never do that !"

? Really ? 

Volume 1:  Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph

Amazon: 
e-book - 99 cents
paperback - $9.99


*****