Monday, September 19, 2016

Do all things without partiality


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Tim. 5:21 ... I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

Here is another example of "partiality" and how the church had to correct this ...

Acts 6 ... 1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration. 2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. 3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. 4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

Some people take strong notice of "blood relatives" ... above all other people.

I was never like that.

After I was born again, I took notice of the church, those who have the Spirit of God in them.  I wanted to be with them.  I wanted to be able to talk about God.  I wanted to hear what they said about God and their experiences with God.  My desire was toward the church.

Pam Padgett said she was never partial to blood relatives like most people are.

Mt. 12 ...  46 While he (Jesus) yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 

48 But he (Jesus) answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Spiritual desire vs. fleshly desire. 

James 3:17 ...  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

I was speaking with a man and began telling him how sorry I was for some children I know.  This man, who is Methodist and says he is Christian, replied:  "Why are we speaking of his children?  I don't care anything about his children.  I only care about my children." 

If the main thing you think of are your own children, how perverted and fleshly.  I think I care about all children and about even strangers I see at grocery and such.  Even when they are doing evil, I think I care.  I even care about fictional characters in TV shows and secular books.

Those of us who are of God are sorry when we see people going in ways not of God.  We care!