Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Holy Spirit helps us even before there is a need in our lives

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet



From approximately 2004 to 2011, I played bridge at our local bridge center. (I nol onger play bridge)

During that time, I would often take writings I had done for the church to the director of the Bridge Center.  Betty said she really liked to read what I wrote to the church.  Her grandfather was a Baptist preacher.  Betty and I connected very strongly and I suspect she was born again.  She said she liked to read everything I wrote.

After I left Bridge Center, Betty would call me from time to time to tell me that someone there was ill or in hospital.  I knew she did this because she believed I would either pray or go see that person and carry the word of God to that person.

The connection between Betty and I was never broken even though I have not talked with her for 2 or 3 years.

A few days before writing this report to you, I had a dream about Betty.  In this dream, we were playing bridge.  We finished our hand and were waiting for director (Betty) to call a move to next table.  We waiting a long time and there was no call.  We got up and couldn’t find Betty.  She was gone.

I felt this was likely showing me Betty would die or be in hospital taking her away from Bridge Center.

About 2 days after this dream, I had finished all the writings I had and I told God, “I need something more to do.”

The next morning after praying this, I awoke and Betty was clearly in my mind.  (Betty is approximately 87-years-old.) 

I knew to get these kindle books I have written for the church to her!  

I have a first generation Kindle which I am not using.  All 10 of the church books are on that Kindle.  Also the Graphically Illustrated Guide to Kindle which Pam Padgett and I wrote (for non-computer generation) to help people learn to use the kindle is on that kindle.  I called Betty immediately. 

I explained I had written 10 books for the church and would like to bring her my first generation kindle so she would be able to read these books.

She was delighted!  But she explained she has no computer.  I told her she didn’t need a computer.  She would be able to read these books from my kindle which I was bringing to her.

We arranged to meet at the Bridge Center at noon.  (She was working that day, directing the bridge session at 1 p.m.)

Betty was so happy to be able to read the church books I have written. 

She has a terrible home life.  Her grandson, his wife, their babies have moved into her house.  I know they have money problems.  The grandson wrecked her car a few years ago.  In the background, as I spoke with her by phone, I could hear people screaming at each other.  It was a general disruption.

As I left the Bridge Center, I told Betty these books would bring great peace to her.  I told her she can read them when she goes to bed and find both peace and comfort.  I know that is so. I don’t think she has much peace nor comfort in her home life.

Also I explained if she has to go for doctor’s appointment she can take the Kindle with her and read it as she waits.  Or if she has to go to hospital she can have all her books right there by her bed in the Kindle.  She doesn’t have to be concerned about a light to read by for the Kindle has direct lighting.

I knew God had set all this up for her to help her, especially with the change that I know (by the dream) is coming to her life.

I’m certain the Holy Spirit was leading in this all through the situation.

This is one way God works through the Holy Spirit to care for the church.

God watches over us day and night and provides for each of HIS people even before there is a need in our lives!