Sunday, February 21, 2016

Mind renewed to God's view on the matter

Pam Padgett ... teacher

The community I live in was built around a golf course and my house backs up to the golf course property.  But a few years ago the owner closed the golf course and said he wanted to sell it.  A neighbor told me that the community home owners association was holding meetings to see what could be done to prevent the owner from selling to a developer who might fill what had been open land with houses. 

I started getting caught up in all of this, thinking it important to keep the land open as it had been ... until I turned to God

When I turned to God I heard that people try to keep things of this world from changing as much as possible.  But all that we see with our eyes is temporary and will be destroyed at the end of the world. 

This showed me God's view of the situation.   

This is all temporary and will be destroyed by God.  It takes me the wrong way to try to cling to these things and think they are important.   


Also it stood out to me that God knows what is best for me as I live on this earth.  I don't know what is best, but God knows.  And God provides all that I need now and in the future. 

My well being is of God as I seek to follow HIM ... not in things of this world such as whether or not houses are built on the property behind my house. 


Focusing on these things helped me keep my flesh under control.  And my thinking was changed from how those of the world see this situation, to how God sees this.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I did not get involved in the home owner association meetings to try to keep the golf course owner from selling the land to a developer, and am so thankful to God to have been kept from the strife and futility in all of this. 


Last fall an email was sent announcing that the property had been sold to a developer and that some houses will be built.  But this wasn't upsetting to me.  There really had been a change in me because of what God has shown me and has been working in me. 

There have been thoughts, such as how noisy it may be during construction.  But when I take these thoughts to God, I have always been helped.  Multiple times I've been reminded that God will never leave me nor forsake me ...  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. (Heb. 13:5)