Monday, February 29, 2016

God helps us in everything, secular and spiritual

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet



Promise to the church:

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5  

From Cathy Varner: Member of the Body of Christ

When I was reading a book through an email attachment, I must have touched something accidentally, and the normal white background on my I Pad became blue and a symbol that said copy would appear. I didn't know how to get rid of this. I tried tapping my finger and double tapping. I asked God for help in how to get rid of this blue background. I continued reading, for it was possible to read with blue background …but it was easier to read with white background.
In a few minutes the thought came to hold my finger down on the screen longer. I'd seen my husband do this for other things in the past. I did this, holding my finger down for just a second or two, and the blue background disappeared.

Then more recently a similar thing happened with a screenshot I was reading. Since I thought I had the answer, I did the same thing I did before, holding my finger down for a few seconds, but blue background did not go away.

I kept trying, then finally asked God how would I get rid of it (blue background) this time? I did a single tap with my finger and blue disappeared.

From Barbara Preston: Member of the Body of Christ
I went to my desktop computer to write an email. After I logged on I decided to delete several emails before writing but when I tried to do this I got this blue circle which spun around and after a while gave me a message that the server wasn't responding.

I couldn't open the "compose" screen because of this problem.

So I prayed asking God to please help me with this and the thought came to shut down the computer completely and restart it.

I did this and then the computer worked just fine.

James 1:5 … If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
The Holy Spirit brings to our minds the solution.

Jesus says …

Jn. 14:26 … But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn. 16:13-14 … Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify ME: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

When God shows us how to do something and we understand it was God who helped us with the problem… we glorify God, glorify Jesus … and not ourselves.

From Joan Boney:
One day, a woman revealed a sin to me and I was almost destroyed by what she said.

(Confess your sins to God not to humans … God has the power to cleanse you of all unrighteousness I Jn. 1… Humans do not have this power and you can really hurt another person by telling that person of your sin.)

I cried out to God … “Please help me. I am about to be destroyed.”

After turning to God I stayed very still.

In a few minutes, I was reminded of a scripture. (Holy Spirit reminds us of that which Jesus says.  Jn. 14:26)  I went to that scripture and there was something in that passage that really reached me strongly. And upon reading that and thinking upon that, I was fully restored and cleansed from the words of this woman.

The Holy Spirit reminds us of that which Jesus has said.

Jn. 14:26 … Jesus says … 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Many Christians do not recognize when God helped them, and when the solution comes to them, they glorify themselves thinking themselves to be wise.

When we acknowledge that God brought us the solution and it was not of ourselves but of God, we give glory to God.

People of this world do not want us to glorify God. They want us to glorify humans by telling how wonderful those humans are.

A few years ago, my 14-year-old cat died. I was so grieved. I did not plan to get another cat because at that time I was 74-years-old and the cat might outlive me and then who would care for the cat?

I cried out to God that night, “I need help …”

Instantly I heard (in a thought) … “Get on Internet and buy a Siamese cat.”
(Holy Spirit shows us the will of God. I Cor. 2)
I found a breeder I felt I could trust on Internet … (Siamese cats can be tricky and you need a good breeder.)

That was a Saturday morning. She told me she could have a kitten to me by Wednesday. We worked out the arrangements.

My grief over my cat who had died left immediately never to return.

God knows exactly what we need. We may have one plan but God gives us the plan that really works!