Friday, February 26, 2016

Choosing to walk in darkness over walking in light

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Walking in light / Walking in darkness



This then is the message which we have heard of HIM, and declare unto you,

that God is light, and in HIM is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with HIM, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as HE is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ HIS Son cleanseth us from all sin.   I Jn. 1



Two women who chose to walk in darkness … Both of these women have been in our little church group for 30+ years and have read messages I have written for these years.


Both women chose to walk in darkness.

Both women were raised in church groups from childhood.  One woman is born again, having the Spirit of God in her.  The other woman is religious but no evidence of the Spirit of God in her.  Both women committed terrible sins as young adults … fornication, adultery, abortion …


Example 1:  The woman who is religious but no Spirit of God, not born again … As a 60 year old woman, she went for medical exam.  In pre-exam, she was asked, “Have you ever been pregnant?”  She lied and said, “No.” (having had abortion)


Lies are walking in darkness.

The next year when she went for exam, she dreaded going because she didn’t want to see the person to whom she had lied the previous year.


This shows desire to continue walking in darkness.

This woman rejoiced that this woman was not there that day.


She might have even thought it was God having that woman not there.


But really, this simply allowed her to continue to walk in darkness easily.


She walks in darkness … there can be no cleansing of the blood of Jesus when a person chooses to walk in darkness.  If you walk “in the light” the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all unrighteousness.


I Jn. 1:7 … 7 But if we walk in the light, as HE is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ HIS Son cleanseth us from all sin.


John 8 … 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to HIM, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me (the Word): for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but HE sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear MY word.


44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own :for he is a liar, and the father of it.


Before I was born again I lied any time I thought it to my benefit.


After I was born again and the Spirit of Truth dwelt in me, the Holy Spirit, I had to choose truth.


Neither could I continue to live in hypocrisy, making myself appear good to others.


If you choose lies thinking you somehow benefit yourself, you choose to live in darkness, not in light, and your sins remain with you for the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all sin “if you walk in the light.”  I Jn. 1


In 30+ years, I have never really seen the Holy Spirit in this woman, though she reads everything I write and really tries to do the teachings … but without the Spirit of God all you have is your own mind and you cannot do things of God with your own mind and in your own thinking.


Mt. 7 … Jesus says … 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


Countless numbers of people think themselves to be Christian because they have gone forward and been baptized in water.


But to really be Christian, to be born again, you must be born of the Spirit of God.


God has to reveal HIMSELF to you.  Then you are really changed.  And HIS Spirit dwells in you.  Then you are light and not darkness.


You can attend church and try to do “good” things, but be turned away by Jesus in day of judgment as Jesus said in Mt. 7.


Paul explained … II Cor. 13 … 5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?


If you walk in darkness … lying to people, hoping not to be discovered in your lying … committing fornication, adultery … living in strife and hatred … trying to outdo other people, you walk in darkness and not light.  Your sins remain when you walk in darkness.




Example #2 … Woman who chose to walk in darkness.


This could even be more serious than the first woman. 

This woman does have the Holy Spirit in her, yet she has often chosen to follow the voice of devil who brings “way” for her to go and has rejected the way of truth,  going in the way of devil, believing devil.


I have witness many times of the Holy Spirit in this woman.


So far, God has been very merciful to not remove HIS Spirit from her even when she has rejected Holy Spirit who spoke way of God to her, and has struck out at me.  This has happened more than once.


It seems to me to be a very fearful way to go … How often do you want to tempt God? Going opposite from scriptures and opposing the way shown you by Holy Spirit?


In the current example:  She had repeatedly said something to me over the past 8 years or so.  I could not see the point in what she kept saying.  It had to do with her saying, “She didn’t think something would work …” but the matter which “didn’t work” happened in 2004 … so what is the point in repeating that … except to maybe make herself seem insightful … a type of boasting  … and if we believe wisdom is from God and she thought the concept to be from God, she should have warned me at the time it happened about 10 years ago.


This time, I shinned a very strong light on what she said and asked her to call me.


She sent email saying, “Perhaps she shouldn’t talk right now.”


By resisting confronting the matter, she stayed in darkness and yielded to devils.


I would have no part of this.  So sent email and I told her this would allow devils to work and if she couldn’t talk about it then consider she was cutting herself off from me.


I prayed this would be settled before dark … as per … Eph. 4 … 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil.


I prayed that she would call me and settle this before dark. 


Just before it was dark, she called … It took less than 5 minutes to work through the issue… not a big deal … but by following devils and hiding she was making it into a mountain.


It reminds me of a scripture about the devil and how could someone so insignificant cause so much trouble.

Isaiah 14:12  …How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?


How can some matter so small cause you to risk so much when it is very easy to resolve?  How can this small a matter cause you to go into darkness and hide from the light?

One thing God kept telling Joshua to “have courage” …

We certainly better develop courage as the evil of this world darkens even more.


Lk. 23 … Jesus says … 31 For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?


The day after this happened with this woman, I talked with her because I was still unsettled.  I had no joy that day and had prayed to God asking HIM to restore my joy.

As I spoke with this woman she said she had been afraid to read a section of writing and had turned to God telling HIM she was afraid.  She heard, ”Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”  She said, OKAY, and began reading.

My joy was restored because this showed me that God had not removed HIS Spirit from this woman and she still had the Holy Spirit in her.  I rejoiced over this because all we need is to have the Holy Spirit in us.  If we have that, we have God.

II Cor. 13 … 5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?