Friday, February 19, 2016

Overcoming the world when we see God's view

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet  

My contractor came over this week to measure a window which had water damage and has to be replaced

Over a year ago he discovered five windows which had water damage at my house.

He brought out the Pella window manufacturer representatives and they examined the windows and agreed they had to be replaced. I think at that time they gave us a discounted price. The problem is we needed five windows they sent four windows.

I don't know whether the error lies with the contractor or with the window company, but we are one window short so they are trying to work through it now

This has been dragging on since last August when the four windows were installed. Tom sent a man named Eric over to replace the windows. Eric is a contractor himself.  Eric pulled the five windows out before he noticed we only had four windows shipped from the company... so he did the only thing he could do and that is take one of the old windows and slip it into the hole where the fifth window would eventually go. 

Eric said Tom dropped the ball on getting the window ordered. Tom said Eric dropped the ball on getting the window ordered. I don't know exactly where truth lies, except I will say Tom is the main contractor... he is the one who brought the Pella window people over approximately a year ago... he is the one who made the original order ...and I consider Tom is the one responsible... he built the house in the first place ... nevertheless I have not tried to accuse Tom or anything like that and I have prayed that I will not handle this wrongly.

Tom knows what he is doing... he knows it's not correct concerning me, the way he has been postponing this job... I went to Tom a year ago this month to tell him that the house needed to be repainted ...he put me on his list to do the work ...he said he wanted to do the work but he did not do the work.

Now he is telling me there is significant water damage on the south side of the house and it needs to be repaired... that it will do major damage if it is not repaired.  He says to keep “the value of the house” intact, it has to be repaired.

I think something is very wrong with Tom and his life ...he is not happy ...he shows no joy and I have seen he is like a leaf blowing in the wind...

I am certainly not walking in his counsel.

In reading Psalm 1 today it said, Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly ...I know Tom is not of God, therefore he is the ungodly.

I have prayed considerably over what to do about this exterior problem.

I don't know the answer, yet I feel certain God will give me the answer.

Here is something I think you will find very interesting. I told Tom several weeks ago that this property is owned by the ministry and we can discount it considerably if we decide to sell it and the new owner would have plenty of money to paint the house to fix the house and I would not be troubled by repairing it now, during my lifetime. I really felt that was something God showed me.

Tom paid absolutely no attention to that concept.

He came here a few days ago to measure that window and then he really got defensive saying that stucco houses have to be kept up.

I did not reply all to this.

I talked this over with God...then a few days later I called Tom and explained once more to him this house belongs to the ministry.

This house is not mine. There is no one among us in our little group who cares how much this house sells for if I die before Jesus returns and the heavens and earth pass away ... We are totally different from the world. We know this house and your house and every house is going to be destroyed.

We are not focused, I hope, on property values as the world is.

We know this is going to be destroyed.

II Peter 3 … 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

The only thing I really need is for the house to stand while I am alive on the earth.

After that I can't see that it matters to anyone.

I explained that again to Tom and I explained the main thing is every person in our little group is retired... no one that I know of has a salary anymore ... therefore we do not have expectation of a lot of money coming in…

The thing that's really important is that we live within our means and it would be very foolish for us to overspend on repair for the exterior of this house.

Therefore if I did anything at all, before we do it, I would have to know the exact cost of all materials and the exact cost of all labor.

There would be no extra money to pay over cost which so often happens with contractors and is normal in construction projects.

He said he can certainly do that... then he talked about him being so far behind... and I said to him, “Tom I came to you one year ago in February with this project ...you think about that for a while.”

That is all I said to him, but he knows he is doing wrong concerning putting other people ahead of me ...he knows he is doing wrong.

After I explained all this the second time to him ... he said, “Well maybe we should just keep an eye on it and not do anything.”  (I’m not willing to go along with that either.  I want to hear from God concerning what I am to do.  I am waiting on that.)

Tom is like that leaf blowing in the wind.

Highly unstable, this way and that way.

Another thing, I have not seen Tom personally in about a year until this past weekend ...there is no way he is going to “keep an eye” on this property personally.

It is very amazing how people can end up doing themselves in ,so to speak.

But I know some things must be very wrong in his life, for it to be since it is this twisted and this unstable.

I do know another contractor I considered calling and letting him look at that damaged wall.

I really don't know what I am going to do yet but I know God will show me clearly if I am to do anything

The wonderful thing is, I really don't have to do anything ...the property value does not matter.

I think it is so easy for us to get to thinking like the world unless we are really cautious.

Don't we know that this heaven and earth will pass away?

Don't we know we are near the end by all of the evil that we see going on, often in front of our own faces?

John 16:33 … Jesus saysIn the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.


And I know we overcome the world each time we take the situation to God and have our view reconstructed by God.