Sunday, December 5, 2021

Podcast: Part 5: Psalms of David (Prayers of David)

 

 
 
This Podcast contains Psalm 61 through Psalm 108.

Examples:

Psalm 61

1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.

2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto THEE, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For THOU hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

4 I will abide in THY tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of THY wings.

Psalm 62

1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from HIM cometh my salvation.

2 HE only is my rock and my salvation; HE is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalm 63

(A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.) 

1 O God, THOU art my God; early will I seek THEE: my soul thirsteth for THEE, my flesh longeth for THEE in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

2 To see THY power and THY glory, so as I have seen THEE in the sanctuary.

3 Because THY lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise THEE.

4 Thus will I bless THEE while I live: I will lift up my hands in THY name.

5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise THEE with joyful lips:

6 When I remember THEE upon my bed, and meditate on THEE in the night watches.

7 Because THOU hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of THY wings will I rejoice.

Psalm 64

1 Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

2 Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:

3 Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:

4 That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.

5 They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

6 They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.

7 But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.

8 So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away.

9 And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of HIS doing.

10 The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in HIM; and all the upright in heart shall glory.

Psalm 65

4 Blessed is the man whom THOU choosest, and causest to approach unto THEE, that he may dwell in THY courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of THY house, even of THY holy temple.

Psalm 66

16 Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what HE hath done for my soul.

17 I cried unto HIM with my mouth, and HE was extolled with my tongue.

18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

19 But verily God hath heard me; HE hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor HIS mercy from me.

Psalm 68

32 Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; 

33 To HIM that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old; lo, HE doth send out HIS voice, and that a mighty voice.

34 Ascribe ye strength unto God: HIS excellency is over Israel, and HIS strength is in the clouds.

35 O God, THOU art terrible out of THY holy places: the God of Israel is HE that giveth strength and power unto HIS people. Blessed be God.

Psalm 69

14 Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.

15 Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.

16 Hear me, O LORD; for THY lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of THY tender mercies.

17 And hide not THY face from THY servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily.

Psalm 70

4 Let all those that seek THEE rejoice and be glad in THEE: and let such as love THY salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.

5 But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: THOU art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.

Psalm 72

18 Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.

19 And blessed be HIS glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with HIS glory; Amen, and Amen.

20 The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

Psalm 86

(A Prayer of David.) 

1 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.

2 Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O THOU my God, save THY servant that trusteth in THEE.

3 Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto THEE daily.

4 Rejoice the soul of THY servant: for unto THEE, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

5 For THOU, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon THEE.

6 Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.

7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon THEE: for THOU wilt answer me.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯