Friday, December 3, 2021

Podcast: Part 3: Psalms of David (Prayers of David)

 

 
 
This Podcast contains Psalm 26 through  Psalm 38.

Examples:

Psalm 26

9 Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:

10 In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.

Psalm 27

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and HE shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalm 28

7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in HIM, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise HIM.

8 The LORD is their strength, and HE is the saving strength of HIS anointed.

9 Save THY people, and bless THINE inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

Psalm 29

11 The LORD will give strength unto HIS people; the LORD will bless HIS people with peace.

Psalm 30

1 I will extol THEE, O LORD; for THOU hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.

2 O LORD my God, I cried unto THEE, and THOU hast healed me.

3 O LORD, THOU hast brought up my soul from the grave: THOU hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.

Psalm 31

3 For THOU art my rock and my fortress; therefore for THY name's sake lead me, and guide me.

4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for THOU art my strength.

5 Into THINE hand I commit my spirit: THOU hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

24 Be of good courage, and HE shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Psalm 32

5 I acknowledged my sin unto THEE, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and THOU forgavest the iniquity of my sin.

8 (God says) I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with MINE eye.

10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

Psalm 34

(A Psalm of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed.  I Samuel 21)

1 I will bless the LORD at all times: HIS praise shall continually be in my mouth.

2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt HIS name together.

4 I sought the LORD, and HE heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

5 They looked unto HIM, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.

6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear HIM, and delivereth them.

8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in HIM.

9 O fear the LORD, ye HIS saints: for there is no want to them that fear HIM.

10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

Psalm 36

9 For with THEE is the fountain of life: in THY light shall we see light.

10 O continue THY lovingkindness unto them that know THEE; and THY righteousness to the upright in heart.

11 Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.

Psalm 37

1 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and HE shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in HIM; and HE shall bring it to pass.

6 And HE shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for HIM: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

Psalm 38

21 Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.

22 Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯