Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Narrow places in life where you must make the right decisions.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

As we go through this life, we come to moments of decision where it is critical that we make the right decision and hold to the right way.

In one of the Hymns, "HE Lives, HE lives,"  a verse caught my attention on this subject.

And at just the time I need HIM, HE's always near ...
   HE lives!   HE lives!
      Christ Jesus lives today.

He walks with me and
talks with me,
along life's narrow way ...


*****

It reminds me of a passage in the Old Testament where the writer spoke of having the sure footedness of a mountain goat.

We see them walk on those very narrow ledges high up in the air and we almost hold our breath for fear they will slip and fall ... but they are sure footed and safe even in great places of danger.

We, too, encounter very dangerous moments in this life.  But Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, rises up in us to save us, bringing to our mind HIS word.


*****

I was born again in 1975, and almost immediately encountered one of those narrow places of life where there was great danger and my safety depended on the choice I made.

My best friend came to me and told me I had to go to church.  So I began attending the church she and her husband attended.

The pastor was also a professor at Dallas Theological Seminary.

At the time I started going there, he was teaching a series concerning the subject of "tongues" in the church.  He was teaching that tongues are of the devil.

I attended each of these sessions but I didn't much care about them for I had no interest in tongues and had never heard a tongue in the church.

Shortly after this, I was reading Bible and came to the following passage.

I Corinthians 14:39    Paul said ... Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

I was shocked!  I had been attending a church that forbid tongues.

I showed my best friend this scripture and I told her, "I'm not going back to that church for he is teaching against the Bible."

She said she wasn't going back there either.


*****

Since that time, I have heard many things taught in churches opposite to scripture.  Without exception I have taken the scripture to the pastor and have shown him this.  Without exception pastor became angry with me when I showed him.  Without exception, I left that church group.

In March 2017, God gave me one word to explain what I had been seeing in churches all these years.   "restraint"

I recalled this word being used in a scripture in NASB ... I went to it and found the following.

II Thessalonians 2    (NASB)    Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (the day of the LORD) will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

I saw it immediately.  Portions of scripture had been removed from the church group.  When that scripture was removed the "restraint" holding antichrist back from the group was removed and antichrist moved into the group and the anarchy in the churches began.

*****

All we have to do to take on the mark of the beast is to agree with man allowing scripture to be removed or changed.

It is a miracle when we pass this test!


*****


Hymn:  HE lives, HE lives    (I serve a risen savior)

To hear this hymn played on piano, and to follow along with the words in the verses, click on the following and after the hymn comes on your screen, tap on the play arrow >   .


*****