Friday, December 15, 2017

God works all things according to HIS purpose for our good


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Something can seem bad to us only to end up being the best thing for  us and we often also see how God's will was fulfilled in that thing that seemed bad to us.

Here is truth:

Romans 8:28   And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.


*****

As a little child, I asked my father what my name would be when I married.  He replied he didn't know.  Like most little girls, I wanted to marry.

But none of us knew a call of God was on my life.

Everything was going to work to "HIS" purpose.

Though I was depressed for many years over my life, and even angry with God because it wasn't working out as I wanted, God worked it according to HIS purpose for me and eventually I even agreed with God about it.

In God's time, HE caused me to do what HE wanted.  It was exactly in the time HE chose, not early, not late.  When God wanted it to happen, HE caused it to happen. God spoke to me by HIS Spirit, causing me to be born again.  God arranged my life so I would have plenty of time to read Bible, which HE taught me as I read.  In His time, He sent HIS angel to give me the call letters of a radio station and caused me to go on radio, exhorting the church in those things HE had shown me.  Decades later, God gave me a dream showing me to start this blog, exhorting the church in the message HE gave me. 


*****

Acts 1:1    And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Wherever they went, they carried the gospel inside them.  Wherever we go, the Word goes with us!

Acts 8:4    Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.


*****

Jonah 1:1-2    Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before Me.

After Jonah fled from the presence of the Lord, and was thrown overboard from the ship, and stayed 3 days in the belly of the whale, Jonah remembered God and called to God, and God caused the whale to vomit Jonah out of the belly of the whale onto the beach.

Jonah 3:1-3   And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying, Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD.



*****

Acts 9:1-6    And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:  And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

And he said, Who art thou, Lord?

And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?

And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.



*****

When we are called by God for a purpose, God will do it in HIS time.  And we are fully equipped by God for the work to which HE has called us.



*****

Pam Padgett, in our little church group, expected to marry and have children but it wasn't going to happen that way for her because God had another purpose for her.

She went to college and majored in psychology but later ended up taking a job in a bank as a secretary. 

After about two years, she realized she had become bored with that job and had begun asking God to help her to get into a job she could enjoy.  (NO fear ... God has a purpose for Pam and HE is going to work her life out to fit HIS purpose.)

At the bank, someone had given them two personal computers.  No one knew how to use them and one sat in a box off to the side.

Pam's boss asked her if she would try to set them up and begin using them.  (mid-1980's)

Pam asked her boss if she could take courses at the community college to help her with the fundamentals of computer operation.  He agreed and one course they selected was called "Basic".

They thought this was a course which would teach her to set up a computer and operate the unit.

But this was a course in code writing for computers.

The night after the first class, Pam came away saying to God, "This is it!"  She found she had great interest in code writing.

Later she got a job at Fed Ex and worked there until retirement.

Shortly after she retired, I heard to start the blog, and Pam was prepared by God to do the technical work in setting up the blog.  Later she was able to do the technical work required by Amazon to publish the books for the ministry.

God had set everything up for Pam to do this work, fully equipping her with the temperament and training to do this. 

And God gave Pam the spiritual gift of "helps" for the work of the ministry.

I Corinthians 12:28   And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.


*****

In 1979, I closed my business to go into the ministry.

I had no where to go.  I just stayed at my apartment and lived off the money I made from the sale of the merchandise when I closed the shop.

I didn't try to get a job in a church.

I just stayed home and read Bible.  (I don't recall fretting over what I would do.  I just kept reading Bible as I waited.)

January 10, 1980, God spoke to me showing me what to do. 

I was asleep in the night and a loud trumpet-like voice blew three words into my head:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

I jumped out of bed and wrote KWJS down on a note pad so I wouldn't forget it or get the letters mixed up.   I felt they must be call letters to either radio or TV.  It was radio.

I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me to go on radio.  I wouldn't know how to do that.  I'm a writer not a speaker."

Instantly the following instruction came into my mind:  "Call the radio station manager."

As soon as I felt the business office would be open, I called the radio station and asked to speak to the manager.  He came to the phone immediately.  I told him God might be showing me to go on radio and I asked him how you would do that. 

He replied:  "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to me and if you fit our programming,  I will offer you a contract."

I had a tape recorder at my apartment so I sat down and recorded 29 1/2 minutes of tape, no editing for I didn't know how to edit a tape.  I just sat a kitchen timer and recorded that which was brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit as God had taught me to do.

Within 5 days, I was broadcasting weekdays on KWJS exhorting the church in the things God had taught me.

I didn't have to worry about not being a speaker.

God gave me the spiritual gift of exhortation for the work to which HE called me according to HIS purpose.

Romans 12:6-8    Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.


*****

II Corinthians 3:4-5    Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of GodWho also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

*****