Thursday, October 27, 2016

Job 32 ... Viewing the works of God through scripture

1 So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes. 

2 Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the kindred of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God. 

3 Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job. 

4 Now Elihu had waited till Job had spoken, because they were elder than he. 5 When Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, then his wrath was kindled. 6 And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said,

I am young, and ye are very old;
wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion.
7 I said, Days should speak,
and multitude of years should teach wisdom.


8 But there is a spirit in man:
and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
9 Great men are not always wise:
neither do the aged understand judgment.

10 Therefore I said, Hearken to me;
I also will shew mine opinion.
 

11 Behold, I waited for your words;
I gave ear to your reasons,
whilst ye searched out what to say.
12 Yea, I attended unto you,
and, behold, there was none of you that convinced Job, 

or that answered his words:
13 Lest ye should say, We have found out wisdom:
God thrusteth him down, not man.


14 Now he hath not directed his words against me:
neither will I answer him with your speeches.
 

15 They were amazed, they answered no more:
they left off speaking.
16 When I had waited, (for they spake not,
but stood still, and answered no more;)
 

17 I said, I will answer also my part,
I also will shew mine opinion.
18 For I am full of matter,
the spirit within me constraineth me.


19 Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent;
it is ready to burst like new bottles.
20 I will speak, that I may be refreshed:
I will open my lips and answer.


21 Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person,
neither let me give flattering titles unto man.
22 For I know not to give flattering titles;
in so doing my maker would soon take me away.