Saturday, October 22, 2016

Dreams From God: Chapter 7 / Book available at amazon.com

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


God Gives Us Information Through Dreams

Pam Padgett, in our church group, told the following interesting story.

Pam said: while still in high school, my family had gone to see my sister who was away at college. When we got home, my mom's friend, whose husband owned the wrecker service in our town, called and told my mom that there had been a serious car crash. That night I had a dream in which I was shown that Steve, one of my classmates, had been killed in the car crash and that another guy was also in the car.

The next morning before I got up, my mom's friend called and told her who had been killed. My mom knew that Steve was in my class and came to tell me. But before she could tell me, I told her that I knew that Steve had been killed in the crash. She thought I had overheard her talking on the telephone with her friend, but I told her I hadn't. God had given me this information in a dream.

Although I knew it was God giving me information, it was very scary to me that God would communicate with me like this. Having been raised in the Catholic church, which always seemed so "spooky" to me, I was afraid of God and didn't understand His love for us and that He has given us His Spirit to help us and comfort us.

After this experience, for years before going to sleep at night, I would pray and ask God to please not give me any dreams. The idea of God communicating with me was terrifying to me.

Even though I was trying not to have God communicate with me, HE showed great mercy toward me and gently and gradually taught me truth about Himself.

It was a great help when I went to college and met a friend who read the Bible and she gave me a Bible. She shared many things with me that helped me, although I don't remember her saying anything specifically about the Holy Spirit.

I can remember trying to explain that it was like there was something "in" me that had something to do with God, not knowing that the Holy Spirit was in me.

It was so helpful when I finally saw what Paul said ...

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (1 Corinthians 6:19)

When thinking back over these things, I am so thankful for God's great mercy toward me. I was reminded of the following ... Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. (Psalm 103:13)


Here is another example given by Pam ... in John 16:13 we're told that the Holy Spirit will show us things to come. Pam explains, Several years ago I had a dream in which one of my grandmothers died, but no one told me this had happened.

Some months later, this is exactly what happened. I started to become upset that no one told me she had died, but then remembered this dream. Knowing that God had cared so much about me to show me this beforehand was very comforting to me, and I wasn't upset anymore that no person had told me.


From Joan Boney:

Here is a dream where God showed me what would happen to me in future:

I had an accident, falling over a box, in 2012 … I broke hip and during operation, the bone shattered from hip down to my knee. The surgeon said the hip would have been no problem but when the bone shattered, it changed everything. Doctor said I would need to be in the rehabilitation hospital for at least one month. I was helpless, not able to get out of bed, not able to get to bathroom, not even able to sit in recliner in my hospital room. I didn’t think I would ever walk again.

God gave a dream to Joseph Meriweather, a member of our little church group. Joseph reported by email (he lives in another state) … “Joan … I dreamed that you recovered OKAY and you were walking without a walker in the dream. Also in the dream, I heard Barbara (another member of our church group) say to look at you, at the progress you were making.

By this dream reported by Joseph, I knew I would walk again.

This is exactly what happened. I improved day by day and after about 5 years I was able to walk again, even without using a cane. (I am 78-years-old at the time I am writing this.)


God gave me a dream concerning a woman who had rejected the Word of God which I had delivered to her and we ended up departing from one another.

This woman was like a daughter to me. She was Catholic. The first message I delivered to her was taken from the Holy Bible. (I even went to a bookstore and looked into a Catholic Bible and copied this scripture out of the Catholic Bible.

Mt. 23 … Jesus said … 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

(I was amazed to find this in a Catholic Bible but it was in there.)

This woman was in Phoenix at the time I sent this message to her by email.

For several weeks, I didn’t hear from her at all.

Then she sent me an email “thanking me for the message.” But I knew she didn’t receive the message because she continued to attend Catholic church and call men “FATHER”.

A few years passed, she continued to call me and “visit” and from time to time we would go to lunch. I began to speak openly to her of things of God. She loved to praise men and when she would tell things I had said, she always managed to omit reference to God doing the work. She loved to praise me and say I did such and such, even though I had told her God told me to do that thing she so admired.

Finally, it came to an end with messages becoming much stronger and many warnings being delivered by me concerning the evils in the Catholic church.

At that point God gave me the following dream … This woman was on an overpass, the sort of walkway that allows the pedestrians to walk over railroad tracks.

I was below watching her. She was about ½ across the overpass and was trying to ignore me.

As she started down the other side, she fell and was lying on the ground.

In the background a church building was on fire. Fire was coming out the roof and windows on both sides. Firemen were rushing to the fire to try to save the church building but I knew it could not be saved and it would be destroyed by the fire.


The following prayer and dream, which was an answer to prayer, was reported by Barbara Preston, a member of our little church group.

Barbara says: At the end of 2007, my husband retired from his job. We had been living in the state of Texas for many years which was where his job was. God had previously told me in multiple ways, including dreams, that we would be moving to Virginia after his retirement. But I didn't know exactly where we would be moving within the state.

My 2 grown children and granddaughter already lived in Virginia in a coastal city. My husband and I wanted to live either in or close to the mountains and in a rural area.

There were a number of areas in the state that I looked at in the months before we moved...looking at properties on the internet.

There were some very appealing options but the closer it came to time to actually buy a house and move I became frightened about which part of the state we should move to.

At this time, I was looking at properties in and around the city of Charlottesville in central Virginia. Both my husband and I liked the area a lot, but being very concerned about this, I turned to God and asked Him to please tell me where we should move...was this the right area?...I told God that I was afraid we might buy a house in the wrong part of the state and I didn't want to do this.

Sometime after praying I had the following dream...I saw 3 men who I knew were angels standing in what I knew represented the state of Va. in the background (even though the background was solid white). One of these men was standing in the center of the state (I knew this was the city of Charlottesville). He was holding a very long tape measure. There were 2 other men standing some distance from him and the 3 of them were measuring distances not too far from the city of Charlottesville.


I knew from this dream that God was telling me that we would be moving not far from the city of Charlottesville which is exactly where we found the house we wanted ... about 15 miles from the city of Charlottesville, itself ... in the country ... and about a 3 hour drive from where my children live.


There were a few times after we moved that the thought would come that we had moved to the wrong part of the state but when that thought would come, I would remember this dream and I knew we were exactly where we were supposed to be...exactly where God wanted us to be.


Writing this reminded me of the following scripture...

Acts 17 26 From one man He (God) made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. (NIV Original Translation)


These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)


(Available in e-book and paperback)