Sunday, October 9, 2016

Following God By His Spirit: Chapter 8 / Book available at Amazon.com

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet



Examples of the Working of the Holy Spirit


Every time I think of the following wonderful example of the working of the Holy Spirit I laugh.

When my mother was still living I would go get our food at the same place daily. It cost $5.30. I would take out the five-dollar-bill and a quarter and nickel and leave my purse in car with my mother.

One day I could not find a quarter and nickel in my purse. As I was searching through the change, I clearly heard (in form of thought), "Three dimes will work ..." I began laughing for I had plenty of dimes in purse!

Sometimes the way is blocked to us through habit and God will help us out showing us another way to go!


Another example:

I had a commode that was hard to flush. Each time I tried to flush it I had to hold the handle down for several seconds. It had become more and more annoying to me.

I went into bath and it seemed it was taking even longer than usual to flush commode. I was mumbling, fussing at commode.

Then I heard: "Would you rather have an out-house?"

"NO!" ... I shouted!

The next day I called plumber.


I receive several invitations to go to various parts of the world and speak to ministers and to church groups. And I always want to go. But I believe God has shown me not to travel, although I travel daily all over the world by the Internet writings we do daily on blog (Jesus Ministries Exhorations) and by e-books (published by Amazon).

Still I want to go physically when I am asked to go and frequently I am invited to go to various countries.

One invitation was especially appealing to me. I really wanted to go speak to these ministers. But what does God want me to do? I turned strongly to God in prayer. I asked HIM to give me something that would strongly anchor me in what HE wanted me to do about this subject. I just didn't feel I had a strong anchor to really show me what God wanted.

Almost immediately I heard the following words: "Remember the cat ..." I said, "Oh, yeah ... the cat!" (I have a Siamese cat.)

I laughed! I was expecting a more lofty anchor ... I was expecting God to give me a scripture to show me what to do ... But the cat is a very real anchor! 

I knew God was confirming to me that I was to stay home and do what I had been doing ... read the Bible and exhort the church daily through writings! My flesh was kept in place, in the real will of God, by the Holy Spirit after I committed the subject to God in prayer.


In the 70's, I owned a business in Dallas, TX (USA). A man called me from Houston, TX (USA) and wanted to come talk to me about running a business, because his wife had just started the same kind of business, American Indian Arts. I begged this man not to come to see me telling him I know nothing at all about business but he said I was the person recommended to him by others and he wanted to talk with me about marketing. He was graduate of Harvard University Business School. I was horrified at the idea of having to talk with him. But he insisted.

The first thing he asked was about my marketing plan. I was praying constantly as I spoke with him. I replied: "Well ... you see ... I am a Christian ... So before I go out to buy the art objects I pray asking God to have the Indians make the objects. Then when I get to the reservations I pray, asking God to show me the objects to buy. Then when I return home, I pray, asking God to send out the angels to get the customers to come in and purchase the items, and everything sells."

There was a long pause. Then he said, "Well ... that's a form of marketing." (No further questions and he left.)

To me, after I was born again, everything was dependent upon God. And it still is!

I get frightened and even panicked but God always settles me by HIS Spirit and puts me on the way HE wants me to go. All is done by HIS Spirit.


When I was new Christian, a man sued me for a million-dollars. It was so silly to me because I probably had only $2000 to $3000 dollars at the time. Finally I realized judgment would come against me unless I responded to this legal suit and I could end up losing my business. So I hired a lawyer.

But as months continued on, all the profit from sale of merchandise in my business was going to pay legal fees.

Finally, I knew I had to put stop to this.

I had prayed many times and a scripture was brought to my attention (Holy Spirit).

Isaiah 54:17 ... No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

I told lawyer this lawsuit was a weapon against me and if the Bible is true it would not prosper since I am a Christian. So I had decided to dismiss his law firm and go to court without human legal counsel.

Lawyer was so shocked.

He said, "Joan ... you can't do this. You don't realize how evil these courts are. It will only take another $10,000 to try your case."

At that point I was shocked and replied, 

"$10,000 ... Stop Gordon ... don't do anything else."

I dismissed the attorney.

About a week later, Gordon called me and told me they had decided to try my case without further charge to me. But what is going on? One week it was going to cost me $10,000 more and the next week it was going to be free?

I told Gordon I would have to see.

I prayed, and God (by HIS Spirit) reminded me of following scripture ...

Gen. 14 ... And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, 23That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

By this I knew God was telling me to turn down the "free" legal service, so I did that. Several months past as we awaited trial.

Then six days before the trial the man dropped all charges against everyone. He had been suing several people and his lawyer who called me to tell me of the dropping of charges said this man "cut everyone loose”. It was over. But it was terrifying. And it went on for several months.

During that time, God would remind me of scripture to help me (again it was the Holy Spirit bringing these scriptures to my attention). I recorded the scriptures on cassette tape and played the tape each night. I would fall asleep to the scriptures and when I awoke during the night I would start the recorder again. This helped sustain me during the months of torment and fear.



These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)


(Available in e-book and paperback)