Thursday, February 28, 2019

God does HIS will

Eccl.3:1    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Joan Boney … apostle/prophet   … At the time of this writing, I am 81-years-old and have lived alone in my own house for several years.

During the past year, 2018, I have fallen multiple times and have broken several bones resulting in stays at rehabilitation hospitals and weeks of physical therapy.

Often during these months, I have said to God, "I don't see how I can continue to live alone  as I am now doing in Lubbock."

Holy Spirit put in my heart that a change must come.  John 14:26 & John 16:13

             ***

After the last fall, December 6, 2019, major surgery was required.

As the Ambulance people removed me from my house, as we reached the front door, I heard the following word which I believed to be from God:

"You will never see this house again."

I rejoiced, because I had, for some time, realized I couldn't continue this way.  

God had another plan for me.  I was going to move from Texas to Colorado and live in the home of Pam Padgett.

Often since then I have been reminded of the following scripture:

II Kings 4:8-11

And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.

And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.

Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.

And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.


*****


(From Pam Padgett … concerning moving Joan Boney from Texas to Colorado)

Early Saturday morning, February 23, 2019, when I needed to leave for the Denver airport to fly to Lubbock, Texas, to get Joan, there were 5-7 inches of snow on the streets of Colorado Springs where I live, and the snow plows had not yet been through the neighborhood. 

I planned to drive Joan's car to Denver airport since her older car sits much lower than my car which is an suv, and it would be easier for Joan to get into the lower, older car when we fly back from TEXAS to Denver on the following day.

But I was concerned that Joan's car wouldn't be able to get through the unplowed roads.

Philippians 4:6   Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

There was also concern because Joan's car is rear-wheel drive.  My car is front-wheel drive and I have very little experience driving a rear-wheel drive car in snow.

Before I left I talked with God about these concerns.

James 1:5 ...  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who giveth to all liberally
and upbraideth not and it shall be given him.

One thing I was reminded of was many years ago when I was driving in a snow storm and suddenly the snow became so heavy that I could barely see the front of my car.  At that time I prayed and asked God whether I should turn back.  Suddenly the snow lightened and I went forward safely.  

When reminded of this on Saturday morning, I told God that if HE wanted me to catch the plane in Denver, HE would need to make a way for me to get there safely before the plane departed, even to the point of delaying the plane if necessary. 

Joan's car did fine in the snow, and before long I was able to drive it without "fish-tailing". 

But, unexpectantly, there was a lot of traffic on the interstate between Colorado Springs and Denver.  At times we were going only 20-30 miles per hour. 

One big problem was keeping the windshield cleared.  The defroster on the older car didn't work very well and cleared only the bottom few inches of the windshield.  Also I couldn't get the windshield washer to work at all.  I needed to stop a few times to clean the windshields. 

Incredibly, I was kept calm (not of myself) during all of this.  

When I got to the airport, I planned to park in the parking garage, but couldn't find an open space.   

I told God that I didn't know where to park and needed help.  

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

A few seconds later I turned a corner and right in front of me was the way to some outdoor parking that is very near the terminal.  Just as I got there a man was leaving, opening a parking space very close to a walkway to the airport terminal's baggage area.

Inside the airport terminal, there was an extremely long line to get through security, but it moved very quickly. 

I got to the boarding gate just as they were starting to board.  

It looked unlikely, if not impossible, for me to catch that flight, but God made a way.

***

There was a little more to this adventure.

When the flight neared Lubbock, there were very strong winds in Lubbock, and the captain warned of a bumpy time ahead.

He was certainly right!

But the plane landed safely.

The way was made, and I was kept safe, by God.

(JB... in Lubbock, the news reported they might have to close airport due to wind.)  


== 


(Because of the location of the parking space I was led to in Denver, when Joan and I returned to Denver on Sunday, the sky-cap was able to take Joan in the wheelchair directly to the car.  Joan did not have to wait for me to get the car and drive around the airport to get back to the arrival pickup area.)

Ephesians 3:20-21   Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Unto HIM be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.



*****