Saturday, November 19, 2016

The treasure we store in our hearts


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Mt. 12:35 ... Jesus says ... A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things:and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Good treasure:

I belong to God, am HIS child ... born of HIS spirit ... therefore God is my helper (Heb. 13:6) ...

The flesh profits nothing ... In my own flesh there is no good thing.  Left to it's own devices the flesh does the works of the flesh which are:  Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like:  Gal. 5

The flesh can never be improved, will never get any better.  It will always be there trying to get me to serve it and go in the way of the flesh.

By the power of God, as a child of God, I no longer have to serve my flesh, doing the works of the flesh.  Now I can pray when tempted and God will take me another way by HIS spirit.

James 1 ...  14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin:and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

I can ask God to keep me from doing "that".  (Sometimes it is asking God not to allow me to say "that".) 

Every time I have prayed such, God has kept me under HIS control in the matter.

*****

Thinking on this:  (treasure to store in my heart)

At the time I was born again, my flesh died.  God raised me from the dead people of this world.  Now I can be recreated in the image of Christ in each situation of this life by God, by HIS Word concerning the issue.

God raised me from the dead.

I am now buried with Christ and raised with Him.

God will never fail me nor forsake me.

I overcome this world by the Word God gives me.

I am changed by God over and over.