Saturday, February 29, 2020

* The kingdom is removed from Saul


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Saul's downfall was disobedience to the Word of God.

In this section of scripture we see Saul coming to Samuel and declaring that he, Saul, had done all the Word of the Lord, when that was not true.

There are people today who think they are speaking truth but they are so twisted and deluded they cannot realize it is not truth they speak.

Some people today just don't care about truth.  They do not seek truth in secular matters or in spiritual matters.  I am acquainted with a church going woman who loves her own wisdom.  In a secular matter, she showed me that she doesn't care about truth.  She just hears a story and decides for herself without checking facts and without considering what anyone in a position to know truth would say about the secular matter.  Why would I converse with such a person?  I just removed myself from her when I clearly saw this situation.  I care about truth in both secular and in spiritual matters.

***

The commandment of the Lord and the downfall of king Saul:

God removed the kingdom from Saul because Saul would not fully obey that which God told him to do.

Here is the assignment from God that brought Saul's downfall. 

I Samuel 15:1-7   Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to anoint thee to be king over HIS people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.  Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

And Saul gathered the people together, and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand footmen, and ten thousand men of Judah.

And Saul came to a city of Amalek, and laid wait in the valley.


And Saul said unto the Kenites, Go, depart, get you down from among the Amalekites, lest I destroy you with them: for ye shewed kindness to all the children of Israel, when they came up out of Egypt. So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites.

When destruction comes to the wicked, you do not want to be among them lest you, too, be destroyed.

And Saul smote the Amalekites from Havilah until thou comest to Shur, that is over against Egypt.


***

8-9    And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.


But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.

What was the Word of the Lord to Saul?  God told Saul to destroy all, even the animals.  They did not do this.

For us this is a warning about the company we keep.

Also it cautions us concerning the handling of the Word given us by God.

When we were writing our first book on Amazon, I had a word from God and I have been very careful to do that word on all the books.  This was a concept for me to follow in writing:  "No matter how small the matter is, if you see something, correct it."   I proof read each writing many times.  It is amazing how small things can happen.  They seem unimportant.  But because of this Word from God, no matter how tired I am, or how busy I am, I stop and make the correction, even when it comes to underlining a word, or making bold print, or changing the letter color to make that word stand out in the paragraph, I deal with it.

When God brings something to our mind, it is critical for us that we not let it slip.


***

I Samuel 15:10-11    Then came the word of the Lord unto Samuel, saying,  It repenteth ME that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following ME, and hath not performed MY commandments

(Very shortly Saul will greet Samuel and say:  I have performed the commandment of the Lord.  I Samuel 15:13)

And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night.

And when Samuel rose early to meet Saul in the morning, it was told Samuel, saying, Saul came to Carmel, and, behold, he set him up a place, and is gone about, and passed on, and gone down to Gilgal.


And Samuel came to Saul: and Saul said unto him, Blessed be thou of the Lord: I have performed the commandment of the Lord.

But God had told Samuel that Saul did not obey HIM.  (I Samuel 15:10-11)

When there are conflicting statements, we must pay attention and always choose what God has said to us.

Samuel's response to Saul illuminates everything and judges in a way which cannot be denied, for the disobedient will try to deny their disobedience, saying they didn't say that or they didn't do that.

And Samuel said, What meaneth then this bleating of the sheep in mine ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?


***


I Samuel 15:15     And Saul said, They (the people) have brought them from the Amalekites: for the people spared the best of the sheep and of the oxen, to sacrifice unto the Lord thy God; and the rest we have utterly destroyed.

But Saul was in charge.  Saul was the one to whom the Word of the Lord was given through the prophet Samuel.  It was Saul's responsibility to see that the Word of God was carried out in each phase of the assignment.

And Saul can't see that he spared the king, Agag, and that he, Saul, disobeyed God by keeping the best of the livestock alive.  He blames the people.   We saw, in the previous chapter, Saul blaming several people for his own sin.  He even blamed the prophet Samuel.

In that situation before, instead of waiting until Samuel arrived, Saul offered his own burnt offering.  Saul was not appointed by God to do this.

Here is that story:

I Samuel 13:11-14   And Samuel said, What hast thou done? And Saul said, Because I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that thou camest not within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered themselves together at Michmash; 

Saul blames:  the people, the prophet Samuel, and the Philistines.  Saul never blames himself though he, Saul, is responsible.

Saul said:   Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication unto the Lord: I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering.

And Samuel said to Saul,
Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the Lord thy God, which HE commanded thee: for now would the Lord have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.  But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the Lord hath sought HIM a man after HIS own heart, and the Lord hath commanded him to be captain over HIS people, because thou hast not kept that which the Lord commanded thee.

Twice we have see Saul fail to follow instructions and to change the commandment of God.

It will be years before Saul is visibly removed from being king, but in the sight of God, Saul is already removed and trouble lies ahead for Saul and for others also for Saul ends up trying to kill David through these coming years.

I'm sure that if we change God's instruction or if we are slothful in doing that which God has told us to do, we can be removed.

It is important to know that small things matter.  If God has brought us a word on something, we must be carefully to do that word.

Deuteronomy 8:3    And HE (God) humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.

Matthew 4:4 But HE (Jesus) answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Hebrews 2:1-3   Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;

Each of us are responsible for every word God has given us and we will be judged by the way we handle every word given us by God.

***

Now it is over for Saul.  God has removed the kingdom and has given that kingdom to David, who is yet to be anointed by the prophet Samuel.   Although Saul continues to try to rule the kingdom ... and also later Saul will try to kill David because God is going to give Saul an evil spirit from the Lord and God will remove the Holy Spirit from Saul and will give that Holy Spirit to David.  Although in spirit that kingdom Saul is already removed from being king.  Saul will try to lead the children of Israel up till he has been killed in battle.  And Saul will persecute David with the intent to kill David until that time.

Samuel says to Saul:

I Samuel 15:16-20    Then Samuel said unto Saul, Stay, and I will tell thee what the Lord hath said to me this night. 

And he (Saul) said unto him, Say on.

And Samuel said, When thou wast little in thine own sight, wast thou not made the head of the tribes of Israel, and the Lord anointed thee king over Israel?  And the Lord sent thee on a journey, and said, Go and utterly destroy the sinners the Amalekites, and fight against them until they be consumed.

Wherefore then didst thou not obey the voice of the Lord, but didst fly upon the spoil, and didst evil in the sight of the Lord?

Saul begins to argue with the prophet: 


And Saul said unto Samuel, Yea, I have obeyed the voice of the Lord, and have gone the way which the Lord sent me, and have brought Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites.

What did God tell Saul when HE sent him out?   

I Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. (God did not tell Saul to capture king Agag and to bring him back to the camp of Israel.  God told Saul to slay Agag.)

***

Saul says: 

I Samuel 15:21   But the people took of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the chief of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in Gilgal. 

(Now Saul is saying it is the people's fault... then Saul says that the people kept the good animals for a good cause, to sacrifice to God.  But even if the people did try to do that it was Saul's responsibility to stop the people for Saul is the one who had the commandment and who was appointed leader by God.)

To reason away the Word given you by God is a deadly act for you.  A woman in our church group did this and she is no longer with us today.  It is that serious.  If we will not follow that Word when God gives us that word, God could remove us.

Look again at Hebrews 2:2   For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;


***

I Samuel 15:22-23    And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.


For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, HE hath also rejected thee from being king.


***

24-32   And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.

Now therefore, I pray thee, pardon my sin, and turn again with me, that I may worship the Lord.

And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee: for thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord hath rejected thee from being king over Israel.

And as Samuel turned about to go away, he laid hold upon the skirt of his mantle, and it rent.

And Samuel said unto him, The Lord hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou. 


And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for HE (God) is not a man, that HE should repent.

***


Several years ago, I met a young man who could quote more scripture than anyone I have ever met before or since.  At first, I thought he might be called by God to the church as a pastor.  But then he began showing something.  He added to the Word of God.  When I saw that, I cut him loose from me immediately though he begged me to let him continue with me, saying he could learn.  But I saw it as too late.  So I separated myself from him.

If we disobey God and handle the Word of God sloppily we deceive ourselves if we think we will improve in time.  We've already had that time to show we will obey and handle the Word correctly.

We do ourselves and others a favor if we just stop that relationship when we see such a person and when we have to bring correction over and over for it pulls us down with them and it will not benefit them either.

I allowed a woman to trouble me for 39 years.  I was always having to correct her.  And it never worked.  I'm free from her today.

You think they will get better by your correction.  And if you choose to be around such you have to correct them.  But they do not get better.  You are brought down.

We put ourselves with those persons who demonstrate to us that they love the Word from God so much that they will handle that Word correctly, humbling themselves and allowing the Word to rule over them.  We can live in peace with that person.

***

I Samuel 15:30
  Then he (Saul) said, I have sinned: yet honour me now, I pray thee, before the elders of my people, and before Israel, and turn again with me, that I may worship the Lord thy God. 


So Samuel turned again after Saul; and Saul worshipped the Lord.


***


I Samuel 15:32-35    Then said Samuel, Bring ye hither to me Agag the king of the Amalekites. And Agag came unto him delicately. 

And Agag said, Surely the bitterness of death is past.

And Samuel said, As thy sword hath made women childless, so shall thy mother be childless among women. And Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the Lord in Gilgal.

Then Samuel went to Ramah; and Saul went up to his house to Gibeah of Saul.

And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the Lord repented that HE had made Saul king over Israel.




***

Disobedience in the New Testament church:

I have dealt with many people in the church when they turned away from the Word of God.

God describes this as "a strong delusion" that they would believe a lie.

These people become so twisted in their reasoning that I have often found it difficult to keep myself straight, but God has always gotten through to me in the straight line, directly to the real truth, from their many twisted words.

The devil is the father of lies, and they become the children of the devil, as they cannot hold to the truth of that which they said or that which they did when I confront them.

John 8:43-45 Jesus says: Why do ye not understand MY speech? even because ye cannot hear MY word.   Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.


And because I tell you the truth, says Jesus, ye believe ME not.


***


I've seen church people turned over to a reprobate mind:

Romans 1:28-32   And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:   Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

***


Multiple times I have heard pastors tell lies from the pulpits.  I have gone to each of these men in private and have asked them specifically about that which they said at that service to the congregation.

In one case, I spoke to an elder who attended the same church service that I did where the pastor added to the Word of God in a lustful way.  Later this elder told me he asked the pastor why he said what he said.  The pastor said he didn't know why he said that.  Later the pastor hired a homosexual for choir director and this elder told me he left that church.  But this elder didn't seem to even hear pastor adding his lascivious story to the scriptures.  What I recall is after pastor spoke that, I looked at the faces of the men in the congregation and I saw lustful smiles on those faces of many of the men.  Regardless, that which pastor did was very evil.  It is the end time church evil.

Twice when I asked these pastors where that which they said was in the Bible, they have told me they couldn't remember.  

Then when I told them to please look it up in the Bible and have their secretaries call me and tell me where it is in Bible, both said the same thing:  "All right ... it's not in the Bible."  

Neither time did pastor say he was sorry nor did either pastor show any shame for the way he had dealt with scripture.

Later God showed me this was antichrist in the ministry.  (opposite to God)

II Thessalonians 2:3-4    Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

These men rule over God, changing the scriptures to their own liking, pleasing church goers in their sins, making everyone feel approved, while they live ungodly lives as they live in the church.

It helped me when I saw it was antichrist and that it was ordained by God to happen and it had to happen in the church before Jesus returns.

Jude vv. 4-7   For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, HE hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.


Concerning these antichrist pastors:

I stopped being angry with them and I even stopped grieving over them.  It simply had to happen as the apostle Paul said.

We, who belong to God, must go forward in peace, without spot, and blameless as Peter said to do.  (II Peter 3:14)

We must do that which we have to do to keep ourselves in the love of the Word of God and usually that means separating from those who do not love the Word of God, showing that by their handling of the Word, and they do not have a love of the truth that they might be saved.  For without that love of the truth, they will not be saved.  

II Thessalonians 2:10-12  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.   And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 

So we must find another person, if possible, who is a believer and associate with that person.  Leaving the unbelievers in the churches alone for they are set to be destroyed since they fail to have a love of the truth.  For if they love the truth of the scriptures, they would not be able to sit there where pastors and congregations flagrantly disobey portions of scripture.


***


Here are a few simple truths from scripture from which you can examine yourselves and your church groups.

Jesus teaches:  Matthew 5:32   But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

* The man who divorces a faithful wife will be the cause of her adultery which she will commit after divorce if she remarries.

* The faithful wife will commit adultery if she remarries after her husband divorces her.

* The man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

I've never heard any church group teach these things.


***


The commandment of the Lord for the New Testament church:

I Corinthians 7:10-11   And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.


***

Mark 10:11-12    Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.


***


One day I was watching TV and the man the Catholics call "The Pope" appeared on screen and he said, "I don't see anything against homosexuals."

I literally screamed at the TV, "What about the Bible?"

Romans 1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections:  for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Some say they were born homosexual.

God showed me the following:

Mark 10:6   But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.


***


Some today in churches call drunkenness a disease instead of calling it a sin.

I Corinthians 6:9-10    Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (homosexuals), nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.


***


Today many women live as unpaid prostitutes.  They are shameless in their sins.  And many in the world applaud them.  Some, even in church groups, stand up for the rights of these women to live in sex outside of marriage.

They are flaunted on television screens today, which would not have happened in the 1940's.  By this we see how we grow rapidly toward the coming wrath of God where God judges this world and the disobedient churches.

***


The world seeks respectability by attending the same churches that we flee from because of their disobedience to portions of scripture.

The world wants approval to sin.

We want freedom from sin.

We just can't sit there among them.



*****