Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Scriptures from today's blog


James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

***

James 3:17    But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

God's  plans are usually simple, not complex ... easy to be intreated ... relatively inexpensive... without hypocrisy.

Examine what you are intending to do.  If the plan is difficult and complex, you need to stop and pray and reevaluate.  Maybe God has another way for you to do this thing.

If it is very expensive, you have a warning sign.  Stop and pray and see if God shows you another way to do this thing.

***

I Peter 5:8-10   Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

If we allow the devil to devour us, he will do so.

Instead we pray:  God, please help me.  Please don't let me say that which I want to say.  Please help me to control my tongue in this matter.  Please have me speak only that which YOU want spoken.  Please keep me from doing those things that would hurt me and others.

I Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


*****