Saturday, December 14, 2019

* The 10 brothers who sold Joseph into slavery ask for forgiveness.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Genesis 50:14-17   And Joseph returned into Egypt, he, and his brethren, and all that went up with him to bury his father, after he had buried his father.

And when Joseph's brethren saw that their father was dead, they said, Joseph will peradventure hate us, and will certainly requite us all the evil which we did unto him.

And they sent a messenger unto Joseph, saying, Thy father did command before he died, saying, So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him.

18-21    And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said, Behold, we be thy servants. 

Here is yet another fulfillment of Joseph's dream where his brothers did acknowledge Joseph as the ruler.

And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?

But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.

***


In the 1990's a man became angry with me and tried to harm me.  He turned me in to IRS (Internal Revenue Service), the tax inspectors, in the United States.

I received notice that IRS agents wanted to make an appointment to interview me at my house.

Two agents arrived, a man and a woman.

The man looked at his clip board, where he obviously had tax information, and he said, "Joe Smith?"

I was surprised for that was the name of the man who was angry with me.

I replied, "No, I'm Joan Boney."

The agent turned red and seemed horified.

I knew this was the name of the man who had turned me into IRS hoping to harm me.

I invited the two agents to come in and I said to them, "If there is anything wrong, it is a mistake on my part and I will pay you what you ask."  And I then said to them, "You can have all my bookkeeping and all my cancelled checks to take with you."

The female agent seemed very shocked.

She replied to the male agent, "Did you hear what she said?  She said we could have all her cancelled checks."

I gave them all of my cancelled checks and they left.

About two weeks later, I spoke with one of the agents and he told me he didn't find anything wrong.

But he did ask me about social security.  There was no record of the ministry paying social security on my salary.

I told him a retired IRS agent set up the ministry with the federal government and we didn't have, at that time, enough offerings to pay social security for me so I signed a "vow of poverty" which exempts ordained ministers from the USA social security programs.

The IRS man who set this up did not want me to take this "vow of poverty" for that meant I could never receive social security payments from the government and I would never have any medical insurance, Medicare.

And once I had signed the "vow of poverty" it could never be changed with IRS.

Then the agent said they had no record that I had filed a "vow of poverty" with IRS.  

So if I would like to buy back into social security I had the option to do so!

That was great!  I wrote out a check immediately.  This allowed me to buy back into the program for monthly benefits which I would receive when I reached the age of 62.  And I was able to receive medical insurance at that age.  (higher age now)

In a short time I began to receive monthly checks for $500 from the social security program.  This allowed me to stop taking any salary from the ministry fund and to use that monthly social security money for my personal needs.  

Then in 2010, I fell and broke a hip and had surgery followed by my first one-month stay in a rehabilitation hospital.  Because of social security, the majority of the cost was covered by the USA government program.  By that time I had a supplemental hospital program which paid the remaining cost.

It ended up  that this man who meant to do me harm, caused me to greatly benefit!

(Joe Smith is not the man's real name.)

***


God helps us always.

Philippians 4:19   The apostle Paul says:  But my God shall supply all your need...


***


Genesis 50:22-26     And Joseph dwelt in Egypt, he, and his father's house: and Joseph lived an hundred and ten years. And Joseph saw Ephraim's children of the third generation: the children also of Machir the son of Manasseh were brought up upon Joseph's knees.


And Joseph said unto his brethren, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land unto the land which he sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence.


This oath required by Joseph showed how much he believed what God had said about the children of Israel being delivered from the bondage of Egypt.

26 So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.

***


Genesis 15:13-14    And HE (God) said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

*****