Sunday, November 4, 2018

The power of spiritual songs


Joan Boney … apostles/prophets

There have been times when I have been asleep in the night and know I have been singing spiritual hymns all night long.  And I awake singing that spiritual hymn.

Recently I went to grocery.  Frequently at grocery people say things to me that grieve me.  This time I reached my car and realized I had not been grieved at all.  I realized all the time I was in the store I had been humming a spiritual song.  

(It was not a gimmick but rather God raising this spiritual song up in my heart to take me through the store in peace that day.)

***

Acts 16:19-25    they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,
And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city, And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.

And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.

And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:  Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.



25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

***

As God wills, the Holy Spirit brings spiritual songs into our hearts and we sing, making melody to God in our hearts.

Ephesians 5:19-20   Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Giving thanks always for all things unto God
and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;


***

I find there to be a power of God when the Holy Spirit does this work through spiritual songs.

Often when I am writing an exhortation, a hymn will begin running through my mind.  When this happens, I make place inside the writing or at the end of the writing for you to go to this hymn by a link and sing that hymn giving strength to you and glory to God and HIS ways.

I have listed for you only those hymns called to my mind by the Holy Spirit at that time.


*****

Hymn:  HE lives, HE lives  (I serve a risen savior.)

To play hymn, click on following link:  * I serve a risen Savior

When hymn appears on screen, click on forward > arrow to play hymn.

To return to blog, click on back < arrow.


*****