Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Paul longed to be with the church


Romans 15:32   That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.

***

Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

Each time I read in Bible of Paul's great desire to be with the church, I recall also that Paul didn't have telephones nor internet whereby he could share the word of God with the church.  Paul had to be in their physical presence to share with the church.

Yet I so often have great desire to gather with the church in my local area.  So I understand this longing.  It is not that I desire to see the flesh of man but rather that I might impose a spiritual gift to the church and that we might edify one another by our mutual faith in God and Bible.

Proverbs 27:17   Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

***

Matthew 18:20  Jesus says:   where two or three are gathered together in MY name, there am I (the Word) in the midst of them.

I speak daily, most days, with Pam Padgett by phone.  We are often speaking of secular things but also the Holy Spirit often rises up to speak as we are speaking.

Often when one of the church chooses to share by email, I find I am edified and very often the Holy Spirit will rise in me with something as a result of that shared.

We are like sparks that ignite others as we share that which God has done or as we share that concept we have heard from God.


*****