Saturday, November 10, 2018

Don't reason away the Holy Spirit.


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

When I need medical help, I've found it works well for me to go to a nurse practitioner who is affiliated with a local medical clinic.

Recently the nurse who had been helping me moved to another town.  She gave me recommendations of another medical clinic.

I had strep throat this summer so I am sensitive to throat and tongue problems.

One day my tongue was "on fire" and it burned terribly to allow food to touch my tongue.

I went immediately to the clinic which was recommended by nurse Donna who had moved.

I explained to the new nurse that I did not want to do preventive medicine and medical tests at my age.  I told her I would likely die in next 3 to 5 years.  I told her I believe in the resurrection from the dead.  (through God by Jesus)  So I don't have problem with death.  My problem is with life when the flesh has problem.  And for that I sometimes need help.

She acted like she understood but I don't think she really understood like nurse Donna understood.

She said she wanted me to schedule another appointment for a "physical".

I asked her what that would involve.

Her answer seemed evasive.

I told her I did not want to take a bunch of tests like blood test.

She said that would be fine if I had had blood test in past year.

I told her I had blood test about 10 years ago before surgery.  And I repeated I did not want to do blood tests or other tests.

She seemed to go along with it but wanted me to come back anyway for "physical".

I tried again to find out what she meant by "physical" but she seemed evasive.

I did make an appoint for the following week because of her request.  She said if she was going to be my "primary care", she really wanted this.

I made the appointment.

But later found I was troubled.

I tried first to reason away my concern:  "I don't have to let her do anything that I do not want her to do."

But it made no sense to my thinking to return the following week for her to check my heart and lungs since she just checked both at that day's appointment.

Still I tried to reason away my doubts.

I was working on blog and said something like, "If we have any concerns about tomorrow or an appointment, we need to stop and pray … we might need to cancel that appointment."

I realized I had doubts and concerns about this nurse practitioner.  It was like she was trying to be a doctor.  I did not want a doctor.  I only wanted simple medical help as needed.

I knew I was going wrong way with this appointment so the next day I cancelled.

Do not reason away doubts.  Pray.  Take action.

Don't try to live in peace when you are concerned.  Pray and come to wisdom God is trying to give.  Then you will be in peace without having to try to be in peace when you are not really in peace.

(Also I realized later that I do not want a "primary care" doctor or nurse to watch over me.  I just want a place where I can go if I need help.  With medical problems, there are times something will hit and I know I need help.  Other times I know to just wait and it will pass.  And always I know God will give me wisdom.)

*****