Monday, November 5, 2018

Physical Health


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

To me, the most important thing we can do to maintain physical health is to live spiritual lives daily by Bible instructions:  

* forgiving those who offend us,  taking the situation to God in prayer when it happens and depending on God to help us. 

* taking care to control ourselves that we not offend others needlessly, refraining from debating, arguing, and such turmoil of the flesh.  Galatians 5:19-21

* paying attention to instructions of scripture, especially when those verses stand out to us or are called to mind by Holy Spirit.

* living free from stress through prayer, praying when we are troubled, making our requests known to God, dealing will all troubling thoughts by going to God and asking HIM for HIS help and asking HIM what to do and waiting on HIM to show us.

* living daily in joy of the Word of God and peace.


Proverbs 3:5-8

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and HE shall direct thy paths.7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.


***

Almost without exception, I begin each day proof reading "tomorrow's" blog.

This gives me such comfort and joy and I am often stabilized by the writings and scriptures.

It is a very big help to me to get to do this.


***

Often throughout the day, a hymn will rise up inside me.

When that happens I stop what I am doing and bring that hymn up on internet and sing along with the words and music.

(I believe it is the Holy Spirit bringing up that hymn just as the Holy Spirit helps me by reminding me of a scripture.)


***

Be willing to make physical adjustments as needed.

* more rest

* eating foods that are easier to digest

* drinking plenty of water (I use bottled water for it is easier for me in many ways and I like the taste better)

***

If needed I go to doctor.

There are times I know the problem is going to go away.  Other times I know the problem is not going away and when that is the case I go to doctor immediately.

The only prescription medicine I take at this point in time (80-years-old) is sleep-aid, Ambien.

(I fell over box in 2010 and broke hip.  During surgery bone in leg shattered and doctor had to add a metal bar for support.  Due to this, some cells in foot died and there is some pain constantly.  I choose to take sleep aid rather than prescription pain medicine although if needed I would ask for pain medicine.)

By personal preference, I choose not to do preventive medicine.  (I'm not opposed to it I just choose not to do it for myself, much as a person chooses whether or not to take flu shot.)

God promises to give us wisdom if we ask HIM what to do and that is what I do when there is a problem.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


***

HYMN:  I serve a risen Savior  (HE lives!  HE lives!  Christ Jesus lives to day!)

Click on following link to play hymn:   I serve a risen Savior

When hymn comes on screen, click forward > arrow to play hymn.

To return to blog, click back < arrow at bottom of your device.


*****