Monday, March 16, 2020

* David remembered the house of Saul.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet 

II Samuel 9:1-3  And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan's sake?

And there was of the house of Saul a servant whose name was Ziba. And when they had called him unto David, the king said unto him, Art thou Ziba? And he said, Thy servant is he.


And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet.

After the death of Saul and Jonathan, the servant who cared for Jonathan's 5-year-old son was fleeing with the son and there was an accident and the son of Jonathan was lame the remainder of his life because of that accident.

4-13   And the king said unto him, Where is he? And Ziba said unto the king, Behold, he is in the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, in Lodebar.

Then king David sent, and fetched him out of the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, from Lodebar.

Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto David, he fell on his face, and did reverence. And David said, Mephibosheth.  And he answered, Behold thy servant!

And David said unto him, Fear not: for I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father's sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually.

And he bowed himself, and said, What is thy servant, that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?

Then the king called to Ziba, Saul's servant, and said unto him, I have given unto thy master's son all that pertained to Saul and to all his house. Thou therefore, and thy sons, and thy servants, shall till the land for him, and thou shalt bring in the fruits, that thy master's son may have food to eat: but Mephibosheth thy master's son shall eat bread alway at my table. Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.

Then said Ziba unto the king, According to all that my lord the king hath commanded his servant, so shall thy servant do. As for Mephibosheth, said the king, he shall eat at my table, as one of the king's sons. 


And Mephibosheth had a young son, whose name was Micha.  And all that dwelt in the house of Ziba were servants unto Mephibosheth. 

So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem: for he did eat continually at the king's table; and was lame on both his feet.


***

Psalm 41:1-3  Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.

My father and mother did not attend any church group.  My dad was an auto mechanic.  He was also able to work with any form of motors.

He was very considerate of those in need and when driving along the road he always stopped and helped anyone who was having car trouble.  I always think of my dad when I read the above message.

And what example do we have of the good Samaritan?

Luke 10:25-37   And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,  And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

The Samaritan did everything he could do to help the man who was in need.

I certainly do not give to able bodied men who stand on streets holding up cardboard signs, begging for money.

The apostle Paul said:  II Thessalonians 3:10  For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

One time I was in a market when a man came up to me asking me for a dollar.  I told, "Go get a job and earn your own money."

A man in his 40's identified himself to me as a minister.  He was in the Philippines.  He wanted me to come, at my own expense, and speak to his church group and to their ministers.  I told him I do not travel.  I was 80-years-old at that time.  He read something I had written about men calling themselves "Reverend".  (No man in the Bible called himself "Reverend", and neither should men today call themselves this.)  This man shared this with his church group.  He told me their ministers loved to call themselves "Reverend", and they loved to be called "Reverend."  After he shared this, his church group became very angry with him and demanded that he leave and that he vacate the church housing where he and his wife and son lived.

I told this man to do as the apostle Paul did and get a secular job.  (As I recall, he said he had lived off the church and at church property since he was eighteen-years-old and had never worked in secular jobs. He was then 48.)

I didn't hear from this man again until sometimes in 2019.  He sent email asking me to send him money.  He said an earthquake stuck and destroyed all their houses.  I assumed by his prior silence and now by this story that he had given up the word of God in order to continue with that church group and to live on church property.  I never responded to his email.

We find many people who violate and refuse the word of God in the churches today.

We speak the word of God but we do not support evil doings in the churches.


*****