Tuesday, March 31, 2020

* Solomon builds his own house and a house to God.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Kings 5:1-7   And Hiram king of Tyre sent his servants unto Solomon; for he had heard that they had anointed him king in the room of his father: for Hiram was ever a lover of David.

And Solomon sent to Hiram, saying,  Thou knowest how that David my father could not build an house unto the name of the Lord his God for the wars which were about him on every side, until the Lord put them under the soles of his feet.
 

But now the Lord my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent.

And, behold, I purpose to build an house unto the name of the Lord my God, as the Lord spake unto David my father, saying, Thy son, whom I will set upon thy throne in thy room, he shall build an house unto my name.

Now therefore command thou that they hew me cedar trees out of Lebanon; and my servants shall be with thy servants: and unto thee will I give hire for thy servants according to all that thou shalt appoint: for thou knowest that there is not among us any that can skill to hew timber like unto the Sidonians.


Solomon sought the best for the work.

And it came to pass, when Hiram heard the words of Solomon, that he rejoiced greatly, and said, Blessed be the Lord this day, which hath given unto David a wise son over this great people.

Solomon, in the wisdom given to him by God, used the men to whom God had given wisdom in all skills and Solomon sought the best products and built his own house and the house of God.

When the children of Israel were in the travels through the wilderness, the ark of the covenant, was moved about as God specified, carried about by Levites.

Now the children of Israel have entered into their own lands and no longer move about.

It has become a time of peace and rest.  Solomon will build a house for God to remain among them.

Solomon makes a covenant with Hiram, king of Tyre.

I Kings 5:12   And the Lord gave Solomon wisdom, as he promised him: and there was peace between Hiram and Solomon; and they two made a league together.

17-18   And the king commanded, and they brought great stones, costly stones, and hewed stones, to lay the foundation of the house... so they prepared timber and stones to build the house.

I Kings 6:4   And for the house he made windows of narrow lights.

Narrow windows where light could come in but not big enough for anyone to see out and be distracted by the outside.

7  And the house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building.

I Kings 6:11-14   And the word of the Lord came to Solomon, saying, Concerning this house which thou art in building, if thou wilt walk in MY statutes, and execute MY judgments, and keep all MY commandments to walk in them; then will I perform MY word with thee, which I spake unto David thy father: And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake MY people Israel. 


***

New Testament church:  We, individuals, are the "temple" of the Holy Spirit.

I Corinthians 6:19-20  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Hebrews 8:10-11   For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put MY laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to ME a people:   And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know ME, from the least to the greatest.

***


Hebrews 13:5-6   Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE (God) hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

But if anyone turn from the Word and go another way, we have the following promise from God.

Romans 1:28-32 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient ... Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

There is a woman who  made an association with me and visited with me from time to time.  She was a church going woman and I gave her scripture and she thanked me for the message, but then went on in her own way disregarding the message I gave to her.

For a time, I continued associating with this woman.  But finally God got my attention about her to understand this woman did not love the truth.  (This was about a secular matter.)  She didn't care about truth but just decided with her own mind and believed what she thought without searching out the truth to make her decision.

Concerning those who fail to have a love of the truth:

II Thessalonians 2:10-12  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

By this, my heart was separated by God from this woman.  I no longer communicated with her as I had done.  

Before, I would think of something and I would share with her.  Now I withhold sharing, thus separating myself from her.  In this case, there were no arguments nor harsh words, I just stopped sharing with her in secular things and in spiritual things.  I just vanished from her, thereby keeping myself in peace of God.

We make choices.

Choose life:

Deuteronomy 30:19   I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 

***



When Solomon built the house of God, he covered the floor, and the objects with gold.

We choose to fill ourselves, covered with gold, in our hearts and minds and throughout the inside of us.

I Corinthians 6:19-20    What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

James 4:4   Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

friend:  one who supports another in his acts

II John vv. 8-11   Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:  For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

We cannot be a friend, supporting the worldly in their works.  

For to wish him well is to partake of the evil he will do.

***

We build our house on the word of God, conforming ourselves to the word of God, storing up the word of God in our hearts and doing the word of God.

We build the inside of us with pure gold of the word of God.

We cannot contaminate "our temple" with sub-standard products of the sayings of worldly people from the church groups.

But most of all we conform ourselves to the scriptures which tell us to separate from them when we see what they do.

We construct our temple with care.  And we continually watch over our temple that it not be polluted by man.

***

I Kings 6:21-22    So Solomon overlaid the house within with pure gold ... And the whole house he overlaid with gold, until he had finished all the house: also the whole altar that was by the oracle he overlaid with gold.

I Kings 7:13-14   And king Solomon sent and fetched Hiram out of Tyre... a worker in brass: and he was filled with wisdom, and understanding, and cunning to work all works in brass. And he came to king Solomon, and wrought all his work.

God has anointed some people to do the work, giving them wisdom and skills for the work.  We choose them when we see them.

The story of two women:

This is the story of two women who had been in our little church group for many years.  One had been in our group for 39-years.  She had proven her way to be twisted.  She could not hold onto truth.  Often she said things, then couldn't remember saying these things.  You could never trust her to tell truth because she couldn't remember what she had said.  This woman lived in the same city where I lived at that time.  (This becomes an important point in this story.)

The second woman lived in a city 450-miles away from where I lived.  I had witnessed her for several years.  When a problem arose, she prayed.  The action she took after prayer showed wisdom from God.  I could tell it was God leading this woman.

I had an accident and was taken to the hospital where they were to perform surgery on me.  They brought me papers to sign to tell them who would be power of attorney over me and make medical decisions concerning me if I were not able to do such.

I said to them:  Pam Padgett will be in charge of me.  (Pam was the 2nd woman in the story.  She lived 450-miles away.)

At the time I said this, the first woman of this story was standing there.  She expressed shock over what I said.  She stated:  "How can Pam be in charge?  She doesn't even live here."

I responded:  "I don't know how she can be, but she is."

Are you going to put, in charge of you, a woman who can't tell truth and can't even remember what it was she said after she said it? ... just because she lives in the city where you live?  I wasn't going to do that.  In fact, I had prayed for many years that this woman would never be in charge of me if I needed someone to make decisions, for I had often witnessed her twisted thinking.

Like Solomon, we choose those persons who demonstrate in themselves the wisdom that God gives for the project.

***



I Kings 8:9   There was nothing in the ark save the two tables of stone, which Moses put there at Horeb, when the Lord made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt.

The word of God was the only thing placed in the ark inside the house of God.

***


I Kings 8:22-29    And Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven: And he said, Lord God of Israel, there is no God like THEE, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with THY servants that walk before THEE with all their heart:

Who hast kept with THY servant David my father that THOU promisedst him: THOU spakest also with THY mouth, and hast fulfilled it with Thine hand, as it is this day.

Therefore now, Lord God of Israel, keep with THY servant David my father that THOU promisedst him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in MY sight to sit on the throne of Israel; so that thy children take heed to their way, that they walk before ME as thou hast walked before ME.

And now, O God of Israel, let THY word, I pray Thee, be verified, which Thou spakest unto THY servant David my father.
But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain Thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

Yet have THOU respect unto the prayer of THY servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which THY servant prayeth before THEE to day:


That Thine eyes may be open toward this house night and day, even toward the place of which THOU hast said, My name shall be there: that Thou mayest hearken unto the prayer which THY servant shall make toward this place.

In the New Testament church, we have the Holy Spirit given by God to each of HIS servants.  HIS eyes do not depart from us, the church.  In the New Testament church, the church is not a building made by human hands but is a temple made without human hands where the Holy Spirit lives.

In the Old Testament not all had the Holy Spirit and they had things symbolic of that which would come later in the New Covenant of God through Jesus, HIS Son.

***

Solomon prays: 

I Kings 8:30   And hearken THOU to the supplication of THY servant, and of THY people Israel, when they shall pray toward this place: and hear THOU in heaven THY dwelling place: and when thou hearest, forgive.

New Covenant church:

I John 5:14-15    And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:  And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.

We do not pray toward a building as they did in Old Covenant, for we have Jesus today, and we go directly to God in prayer, wherever we are, though Jesus.  Today,we do not pray toward objects made by man, toward buildings or toward crosses or toward images that we can see.  For God is a spirit and Jesus says they who worship HIM must worship HIM in spirit and in truth.  John 4

***

Solomon says:

I Kings 8: 56-57    Blessed be the Lord, that hath given rest unto HIS people Israel, according to all that HE promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses HIS servant. 

The Lord our God be with us, as HE was with our fathers: let HIM not leave us, nor forsake us:

To the New Testament church God has said:  I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  (Hebrews 13:5)

Provided we keep God in our thoughts as we make decisions, HE will abide in us.  

Romans 1:28-32   And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

So as long as we, in the New Testament church, continue in HIS word, doing HIS word, we have HIM in us.  But if we turn from HIS Word and renounce HIS Word by our deeds, HE can turn us over to a reprobate mind, which is a mind void of HIS judgment.

So be diligent to continue in HIS word.

How can we examine ourselves to be sure God is in us?  If the Holy Spirit still speaks to us, God is in us.  When was the last time you remember the Holy Spirit speaking to you?


***

I Kings 8:58-66    Solomon says:   That HE may incline our hearts unto HIM, to walk in all HIS ways, and to keep HIS commandments, and HIS statutes, and HIS judgments, which HE commanded our fathers.

And let these my words, wherewith I have made supplication before the Lord, be nigh unto the Lord our God day and night, that HE maintain the cause of HIS servant, and the cause of HIS people Israel at all times, as the matter shall require:


That all the people of the earth may know that the Lord is God, and that there is none else.



(There is nothing else that matters.)

Let your heart therefore be perfect with the Lord our God, to walk in HIS statutes, and to keep HIS commandments, as at this day.

***


I Kings 6:14    So Solomon built the house, and finished it.



*****