Sunday, July 17, 2016

Following God By His Spirit: Chapter 3 / Book available at Amazon.com

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet



The Holy Spirit Makes Things Easy


Man’s plan for learning is often hard. The Holy Spirit makes things easy for us.

When I was first born again, my best friend insisted that I needed to learn to quote scripture. She convinced me to enroll in a program called Bible Memory Association. I had to memorize one scripture a week. Then at the end of that week, I had to quote that scripture to Donna (my tester) and if I did that successfully she turned it into some office and I think I recall they issued me some form of certificate saying I passed.

This was one of the most difficult things I ever tried to do.

I don’t remember withdrawing from the program. It just sort of vanished from my life.

(We, Donna and I, knew nothing about the Holy Spirit in those days.)

God began teaching me scripture by the Holy Spirit.

The main difference, as I see this, is we were trying to memorize scripture by our mind, by our own fleshly ways.


When God took over the scripture came from within, by the Holy Spirit dwelling in me. Scripture just rose up in me as I spoke with people. This was the Holy Spirit reminding me of that which Jesus had said. (Jn. 14:26 … Jesus says … But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.)


When that scripture rises up from within you, it is not you trying to do something. Rather it is the Holy Spirit in you reminding you of something God wants you to put your focus on.
When you focus on that scripture you are being shown a way to go in an issue pertaining to this life. You are being recreated in the image of Christ, THE WORD, by the Holy Spirit. All you have to do is meditate in that scripture until you get strong enough to do it, applying it to your life in an appropriate way.

It is not your mind trying to do something. It is the Holy Spirit working in you. This is the power of the Holy Spirit that Jesus spoke of when HE told them to remain at Jerusalem until the “gift” came to them.

Acts 1:8 … 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

When God is doing the work in you, there is a power that your own mind and flesh does not have.


God knows exactly what you need and what others need to hear from you. Therefore we speak what the Holy Spirit brings up to our minds and focus on that. HE is the Spirit of TRUTH.

(We often think we need one thing when we need something completely different.)

I have a strong understanding that I do not know what I need nor do I know what another person needs … but God does know the need … and when God wants something spoken, it rises up inside me through HIS Spirit that dwells in me and I just speak that which I hear from God by HIS Spirit and the “judgment is just” for I seek not my own will but God’s will, as Jesus said …

John 5:30 … I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.


When God speaks, HIS wisdom is astounding to us.

An example: I was playing golf with two woman, one woman a Methodist and the other woman Church of Christ.

The Methodist woman began talking about people who judge … (I felt she was trying to accuse me.)

The Holy Spirit inside me rose up in me and the following words came forth through me: If you judge someone is judging, aren’t you judging.”

She gasped! It was like air being let out of a balloon.


Another example: A man in our little church group had accumulated lots of “stuff”. He had more than his storage area could comfortably hold. As he thought about the problem and considered building another shed to hold his extra stuff, the following thought came (from the Holy Spirit): Why don’t you just get rid of the stuff?”


The Holy Spirit is described by Jesus in the Bible as The Comforter, the helper, The Spirit of Truth. (Jn. 14-16)

The Holy Spirit is given to every believer to whom God reveals Jesus in the Spirit.


Mt. 16 … 13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, HE asked HIS disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The NT Church is built upon that word revealed by God, by the revealed word of God. 

That word revealed by God on the matter at hand will never fail and nothing and no one will prevail against that word that comes to us from the Spirit of God.

This is the witness of God through HIS Spirit, through the Holy Spirit. Herein is the power of God.

Jesus says … It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. Jn. 6:63

The WORDS spoken to us by the Spirit of God bringing such up to our minds is “spirit” and “life” … We do not speak by our plan … We speak what is brought to our mind by the Holy Spirit who dwells in the believer.



These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)

(Available in paperback and e-book)