Thursday, July 14, 2016

Christ magnified in our bodies

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Paul spoke of Christ being magnified in his body ...

Phil. 1:20 ... According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

Each time we act in a godly way, we magnify Christ ... Christ is enlarged by us so that other people see Christ ... Christ is made visible by us through what we say and through what we do.

Example:  A man in our little church group saw his daughter about to commit a sin.  He went to his daughter and "magnified" Jesus by giving her the Word on the issue.  She became angry but he said these significant words ... "It hurt a lot, but I'm glad I did it."  (magnifying the word and suffering for the sake of the Word)

ExampleI have a new yard care couple ... they clean up my yard and mow yard.  The first time it is mowed per season, it takes a lot more work.  I told them I realized this and ask them how much I should pay them for the first mowing.  The wife (who does the edging of the yard) said to me, "You are so different. You are so thoughtful and considerate."  She also told me she had noticed I was not like other customers.  I was not stingy.  I had concern for them, the workers, and wanted to pay fairly.

Because we belong to God, we try to do what is right when we deal with people and therefore they see the difference between us and the world and Jesus is magnified by us through our words and through our actions.