Sunday, September 22, 2019

Chapter 8: Problem Individuals in the Churches


* Destruction in Today's Churches

Joan Boney


One of the most difficult individuals to have to deal with in the churches is that person who comes to you wanting to put you into a church slot … Baptist?  Catholic?  Pentecostal?  

Such a person is not interested in that which God thinks.  That person is always asking you what "you" think.

That person does not understand that God gives us HIS wisdom.

That person only understands that man thinks various things.

Such a person as this must be considered as "carnal."

Paul describes this in the following:

I Corinthians 3:1-4   And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?


For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?


*****



In writing ministry books on Amazon, I never write an "author's page" which Amazon recommends.  This is a secular type thing where people can read about "you" and your achievements in this life.

I consider that the message I write tells the real church person whether I speak of my own thinking or whether I am reporting what I have heard from God.

That is all that really matters.

Is this message from God by HIS Spirit.


*****

Recently a woman came to my house.  She identified herself as being raised in Pentacostal church. She greatly differed with her dad and she said he was very legalistic.

She asked me what "I" thought about tongues.

I responded that the apostle Paul said, "Forbid not to speak with tongues."  I Corinthians 14:39

In her confusion and strife she thought I had said Paul forbid speaking in tongues.

I repeated what Paul said.

Later I realized this woman was trying to prove her dad's doctrine wrong.

Everything got much worse as I spent time with this woman.

I was greatly grieved by her.

*****

Evil hearted church people come just wanting to prove you to be wrong.  They are not concerned with that which God says.  Nor do they seek that which God thinks.  They have their doctrine and they come to set you right according to their doctrine or according to the evil they have stored in their hearts.

They are so evil in that which they try to do, lying in wait to catch you.

If you were to try to follow them or "fellowship" with them, they would destroy you and they would "kill" you and you would have to forsake all that you believe God has shown you.

Jesus spoke of this in John 16:2-3

the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.



*****

When I identify such people, I just try not to be around such nor to talk with such a person.  For it destroys me and does them no good at all.

Daniel 12:10   Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. 

Truly in their religious "goodness" they are wicked people.

They do not come to share God.  They come to share their own doctrines and what they think.

And some of them come to try to trap me.

The religious people did the same thing to Jesus.

Matthew 12:13   And they send unto HIM  certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch HIM in HIS words. 

Luke 11:53-54    And as HE said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge HIM vehemently, and to provoke HIM to speak of many things: Laying wait for HIM, and seeking to catch something out of HIS mouth, that they might accuse HIM.

***

II Timothy 3:8-9    Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.  But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

***

Their hearts are not pure.

But we must work to keep our own hearts pure.

And after we have been established by God, we must avoid these people.

When a woman in our church group brought some accusations against me in 2019, I turned to God strongly and asked God to judge me.

That same night, God gave me a dream.  Someone had dumped their garbage outside my front door and all the way down the front of my house.

By this dream, I knew what this woman spoke against me was just her own stored up garbage.

I was set back on my feet by God and continued in the work to which God assigned me.


*****



Psalm 51:10    Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

We must not allow their accusations to destroy us but rather we must put ourselves in the path of God for HIM to judge us rightly.  And we cannot try to "fellowship" with such people as these.

*****

* Click here to purchase this book on Amazon.com: Destruction In Today's Churches

e-book: 99 cents
paperback:  $6.99 
(USA prices)


 *****