Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ
Late one afternoon recently a woman who calls herself a Christian and says religious-sounding words stopped by my house. In the past I have shared scripture with her as brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit, knowing she would be helped if she meditated in those scriptures and did them, and I encouraged her to do this. I've also shared many things God has done in my life when I have turned to HIM for help.
But as she spoke this day, it was obvious she is going her own way, showing no fear of God nor care for HIS word and what is right in the sight of God.
Nothing at all was brought to my mind to share with her. And, although she was here only about 10 minutes, I was very glad when she left.
I was grieved by this woman and turned to God with all of this after she left. During the night I woke, being reminded of what we're told in Psalm 119:63
I am a companion of all them that fear THEE (God), and of them that keep THY precepts.
companion: someone we spend time with, share with, travel with
companion: someone we spend time with, share with, travel with
I cannot be a companion with this woman, for we are not traveling the same path.
I am a companion with others who fear God and obey HIM. We "travel" together as strangers and pilgrims in this world, seeking to please God rather than ourselves or the world. These are my companions.
π₯π₯π₯π₯π₯